PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

if we got randel el...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWorldChamps

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
i know it's a longshot... but, post season is boring...

IF we got antoine randel el, would we still get a 3rd qb? i think yes... you?
obviously, ARE could be the 3rd QB, but do we think cassell is close enough to be a two yet, if it meant saving a roster spot?

No. 5 years down the road - maybe. But if Randle El did indeed land in Foxboro, he'd already have his work cut out for him learning the #2 WR position for the Patriots. It would be near impossible to have him learning the required material as the emergency QB. If not, the the Pats would be utterly screwed if they needed him in an emergency situation. If they did have him stretch that far, he'd fall to #4 on the WR depth chart.

No way... I'd bet that BB would view Randall El's QB skills as a possible Ace up the sleve, not a card in his hand. Y'know?

While I like the idea of Randel El being a possible 3rd QB and an ace up the sleeve, we all know that he will require even more $ then Givens in FA, and we would never choose Randel El over Givens. Sadly I don't think we choose Givens either. However, I would be intrigued if BB drafted Michael Robinson in the 4th round or so. I am extrememly biased here having just graduated from PSU, but this kid has a lot of heart and a lot of talent, just no position. No one knows what he could become...but another Randel El isn't out of the question.

TeamPats said:
While I like the idea of Randel El being a possible 3rd QB and an ace up the sleeve, we all know that he will require even more $ then Givens in FA, and we would never choose Randel El over Givens. Sadly I don't think we choose Givens either. However, I would be intrigued if BB drafted Michael Robinson in the 4th round or so. I am extrememly biased here having just graduated from PSU, but this kid has a lot of heart and a lot of talent, just no position. No one knows what he could become...but another Randel El isn't out of the question.

Randle El could easily run the 3 spot- namely because at that point the playbook is so diminished, he would know most of the relevant plays. What he's need is to learn the protections. Probably wouldn't happen right off the bat, like pats1 said, eventually but not right away. As for Robinson, NO! He has a lot of heart, but not NFL talent. He has a CFL arm at best, and is a tweener for the other positions. Maybe a late, late round reach, or a UFA signing.

Are

Don't want him. Let him stay in Pittsburgh where he belongs or let someone else overpay for him. He opens his mouth too much before he earns the right to do so. He is a marginally good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back