PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IF we get a 2nd for Gay- This helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a 2nd rounder for Gay would be our best offseason move yet,Gay goes on IR when he gets a paper cut...This would be the first stupid deal of many future ones the Jets make.
Gay may be placed on IR, but to make it sound as if he places himself there is a but strong.

As Uncle Heatster and Ochmed have noted, this is a baseline move by Mangini. Just like re-signing Poteat last season, he's trying to get a foundation under a pretty shaky secondary, something he can build on. I'm torn between coveting a second as I look at my draft board shaking out, and looking back to Gay's moment in the sun to close out 2004.

Signing Blue to an offer sheet puts pressure on BB to not only assess Gay's value to the team, but Asante's value. I'm going to be interested to see if Mangini makes a top dollar offer with no poison pill to create such a burden on the Pats FO.

If we get a second-rounder for Gay -- of course this helps.

There are quite a few prospects ranked after #28 who won't make it to our 3rd-rounder, a few of them I'd love to see us draft. With an extra day one pick, we'd be able to get a solid player.

Regardless of his injury history, I still feel that Gay is second to none as a cover corner with the Pats. It's much more comforting to know that if Samuel were to leave, that Gay and a promising rookie could man his spot. But for both Gay and Samuel to be gone...this is a scenario I'd rather not see. Although the season by no means would be over...:cool:

I'm torn between coveting a second as I look at my draft board shaking out, and looking back to Gay's moment in the sun to close out 2004.

I agree with this quote 100%. I'd look at who is likely to be available in the 2nd round and I would love if we had a pick there. Then I think about how Gay has been injured for so long that he hasn't been contributing anyway. Than what it comes back to is that 2004 season and the Super Bowl where he basically shut out T.O. The question is, will he ever be that same player?

I agree with this quote 100%. I'd look at who is likely to be available in the 2nd round and I would love if we had a pick there. Then I think about how Gay has been injured for so long that he hasn't been contributing anyway. Than what it comes back to is that 2004 season and the Super Bowl where he basically shut out T.O. The question is, will he ever be that same player?
Injuries aside, yes, he's been #3 or #4 off the bench up until getting injured.

Take The Pledge:

NO MORE DRAFT CHOICES IN 2007

We don't need anymore...We need to dump some that we have......patsfans!...put down that crack-pipe.

Last edited:
Take The Pledge:

NO MORE DRAFT CHOICES IN 2006

We don't need anymore...We need to dump some that we have......patsfans!...put down that crack-pipe.
I hate when I lose a year, it's worse then trying to find where the cat hid all the toys I put out to keep him from doing nasty kitty things with his free time. :p

I hate when I lose a year, it's worse then trying to find where the cat hid all the toys I put out to keep him from doing nasty kitty things with his free time. :p

err .....what did you say?

I've been in a twilight-zone time warp for a year

err .....what did you say?

I've been in a twilight-zone time warp for a year
I feel that way in post-op, the nurse trying to keep you from moving to ease the spasms of back muscles that spent two unmoving hours while the doc had his way with you, the anesthesia hangover, the various wires fastened to your body, the lighting. :singing: What a loooonnnng strange trip it's been :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back