PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If we Do Draft a RB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantasic4x50x54x59x55

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Who would you consider at when?

Not saying we should draft him, But I really like Tony Hunt out of Penn State..big guy 6'3-- 225 I believe?

Anywho..

tyrone moss i believe could be had in the later rounds and turn into that brusing RB to compliment Maroney..he isnt too fast tho..

and i am begging to see i am talking to my self..and answer my own threads..

how wonderful :singing:

Yeah.
I like the big RB who will get 3-5 ypc.
6-2 233.
Maroney can break one at any point which gives us homerun-ability in the running game. And I like Morris as a solid #2 back that is versatile however I want a power RB. And so far Hunt from Pent State looks to be the guy. Always moving the pile forward. Can be had for a 3rd-4th.

Kolby Smith is another guy 5"11 220.
Dwayne Wright 5"11 1/2 228.
An interesting guy Nate Ilaoa 5"9 245. I don't know anything about him.
But at that size if he can't run with power and with a 4.77 40. He can't play at this level.

these guys are all "slower" RB's. But I don't care about that. I want 3-5 yards.
All are tough and run with good power.

People might bring up Michael bush but he's got Ron Dayne syndrome.

Yeah.
I like the big RB who will get 3-5 ypc.
6-2 233.
Maroney can break one at any point which gives us homerun-ability in the running game. And I like Morris as a solid #2 back that is versatile however I want a power RB. And so far Hunt from Pent State looks to be the guy. Always moving the pile forward. Can be had for a 3rd-4th.

Kolby Smith is another guy 5"11 220.
Dwayne Wright 5"11 1/2 228.
An interesting guy Nate Ilaoa 5"9 245. I don't know anything about him.
But at that size if he can't run with power and with a 4.77 40. He can't play at this level.

these guys are all "slower" RB's. But I don't care about that. I want 3-5 yards.
All are tough and run with good power.

People might bring up Michael bush but he's got Ron Dayne syndrome.

My only qualm about Hunt is his tendency to fumble the ball. A few good scouts will have noted it, but in trying for that extra yard (the kid fights hard for his yardage, and he has a never say die attitude) he coughs it up at the last second as he gets held up, keeps churning his legs, while the second defender in strips it. What do you tell him? Go down if his forward momentum is stalled?

yeah Bush i think is alot of hype..but i am no know it all..

Hunt will go RD 1/early 2..I am not counting it out, of course I don't want them too..given the talent in the secondary and Mlb in the draft going in the 1st and the needs on our team i'd rather them address that..BUT I wouldnt be overly upset etheir..

If i am not mistaken Morris is a one year solution here..it would make sense that we draft a dillon/morris replacement while a FA/Draftee eases into the scheme of things..while Morris shows em the ropes and contributes...

hmm..

My only qualm about Hunt is his tendency to fumble the ball. A few good scouts will have noted it, but in trying for that extra yard (the kid fights hard for his yardage, and he has a never say die attitude) he coughs it up at the last second as he gets held up, keeps churning his legs, while the second defender in strips it. What do you tell him? Go down if his forward momentum is stalled?

Theres techniques and things you can train to help a situation like this..similar to what i bet watson is getting schooled on this offseason..its mental things..recognizing what defenders will do to you, establishing a way to protect the football thats most comfortable to you...anticipating what the 1st and 2nd defender will do to you before it happens.. but I ve never played RB so it could be diff..but i think faulk could lend a helping hand or 2

Theres techniques and things you can train to help a situation like this..similar to what i bet watson is getting schooled on this offseason..its mental things..recognizing what defenders will do to you, establishing a way to protect the football thats most comfortable to you...anticipating what the 1st and 2nd defender will do to you before it happens.. but I ve never played RB so it could be diff..but i think faulk could lend a helping hand or 2

no pun intended hahahah :rocker:

I didn't know about the fumblitis.
I think good coaching can address that issue.
RB coaches teach RBs to get small when contact occus and protect the ball.
I have no problem with fighting for every inch as long as the ball is secured prior to that.

So when running in traffic, engage the tackler, get small protect the ball, then fight for extra yards.
But then again, maybe just draft somebody who knows how to do this already.

OMG WE NEEED BRIAN LEONARD OMG....

No seriously, I've watched every game Tony Hunt played in the past 3 years. He is clearly Posluszny's equal on the offensive side of the ball, a true leader whose running style is VERY similar to one Corey Dillon. I would be extremely pleased with this pick. I have met him, and he seems like a stand up guy, and I believe that someone else in the draft forum has posted that they have had class with him, so maybe there is more insight there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back