PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If we didn't have Brady OR Cassel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmo

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
There's been so much talk of having one or the other, what if we didn't have either? Would O'Connell be our starting QB? Or would we look to a FA? Draft? Do we sign Trent Dilfer and concentrate on improving our defense to win a championship?

Not a plausible scenario, but surprisingly possible. If we trade Cassel for a jackpot in the draft thinking that Brady will come back, and then Brady is unable to play, what is our direction? Of course the FO knows more than we do in terms of Brady's injury, but what if?

I want this to be an interesting conversation point, but moreover, I want to point out how spoiled we are with our QB's.

cassel will be traded, brady is the qb. if he cant go and is on pup till week 6 it will be the kevin oconnell show

I'd pick up a vet, but start Gutierrez.

Jeff Garcia would be the obvious signee but it's a small issue to me as Belichick will take signing a vet more seriously this year if Cassel leaves and if O'Connell isn't ready. Last year it was kind of unecessary as Brady had never gotten hurt and Cassel has been in the system for a while.

It's important to note even Bill has no divine knowlesge. Every single move is a calculated risk. The assumption last year was that our offense was deadly and our D was adequate. Well with injuries our D stumbled some and our offense took a major hit. Brady could come back full-on and go down with an injury again. There has to ALWAYS be a back-up plan, no matter how sure they are about Brady's health. It's the nature of the game.

I don't really view this as a problem...

shanefalco.jpg

A FA pickup, O'Connell gets a go and hospitals in Massachusetts get a large influx of patients with slit wrists from PatsFans.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes