PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If we didn't have BB, and I had to pick any other current coach...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romeo Crennel

f_11077771782m_3ce3c40.jpg

Last edited:
I honestly can't think of any coach that has proven he is anywhere close to impacting his team as much as BB.

As others have said, Tomlin inherited a well oiled machine.

Andy Reid as failed numerous times in championship games, only winning one.

Tom Coughlin has had decent playoff success, not only his Superbowl but a pretty good record with Jax as well.

Jeff Fisher sucks. Way overrated. Has been to the playoffs only 6 out of 15 seasons, and of those 6 seasons he went one and done 3 times, and has a losing record overall.

Personally I favor coaches that develop Pro-Bowl QBs and win playoff games

bill's kid, the one always hanging around the sidelines with a clipboard

...it'd be Mike Tomlin.

I hate myself.
Norv Turn.......Bwahahahahaha hehe. Just couldn't hold a straight face.

As long as we're playing fantasy here, I'd talk Parcells out of retirement and make him commit to at least 5 years.

Easy one for me: Jeff Fisher by a mile.

uum jeff fisher has done nothing in this league to impress. last night he had the steelers beat and bad coaching did them in.

I was absolutely not kidding, I love Nick Saban. I have a feeling "any other current coach" mean NFL coach but based on the wording, Saban qualifies and I'd take him in a second.

Aside from being a racist douchebag, what has Saban done to give you the impression that he's even a moderately good NFL coach?

uum jeff fisher has done nothing in this league to impress. last night he had the steelers beat and bad coaching did them in.
Jeff Fisher is an ass. Love your sig. Troy P. is a class act and what you quoted was right on, imo.

As long as we're playing fantasy here, I'd talk Parcells out of retirement and make him commit to at least 5 years.

:rofl: Nevah gonna happen...based on the need for committment alone.

Why? He stepped into a ready made team. I've yet to see anything exceptional from him. **** Lebeau is the reason the Pittsburgh "D" is so good. As much as I don't like him, it may be the coach of the other team.

when the TUNA went to the jets Pete Carroll toke over the youngest and most talented team in the NFL and i think he only made the playoffs one time

yes he had some bad luck guys got hurt but so did BB a lot of guys got hurt for him he still got 3 rings

a good coach is a good coach

What about Josh? He may not be ready for prime time, but he's a smart kid with a future. Another is Singletary.

when the TUNA went to the jets Pete Carroll toke over the youngest and most talented team in the NFL and i think he only made the playoffs one time

yes he had some bad luck guys got hurt but so did BB a lot of guys got hurt for him he still got 3 rings

Pete Carroll being a miserable failure as a NFL head coach does not make Tomlin a good head coach.

Aside from being a racist douchebag, what has Saban done . . .
A racist douche bag ??? No idea what you're talking about, feel free to elaborate.

Carroll got to the playoffs twice (97 and 98), just to clear that up. The team also steadily got worse under him (10-6, 9-7, 8-8) which I always found somewhat funny (in a painful way).

...it'd be Mike Tomlin.

I hate myself.

Awww, don't be so hard on yourself - at least you're not Sal Pal. Heard him a little while ago absolutely gushing about Tomlin...and I quote "currently THE best head coach in the NFL. :eek: Ummm...okay Sal, you go with that, and I'll keep thinking BB is the best, all the same. :cool:

Anywho, the jury is still out on Tomlin, IMHO, but overall I can't say that I dislike him, or anything. I think he may have the goods, but only time will tell.

A racist douche bag ??? No idea what you're talking about, feel free to elaborate.

Did you miss the whole embroglio surrounding his "coon ass" comment?

Perhaps I've overly biased against him since I've talked with some people who have worked with him and... let's say he's one of the most hated people in sports for a reason.

Plus he's never really done anything of note in the NFL.

Did you miss the whole embroglio surrounding his "coon ass" comment?
I guess I did.

Plus he's never really done anything of note in the NFL.
Neither had Belichick as a HC before he came to NE. Saban did a great job as DC for Belichick in Cleveland.

Does anyone know if Bill and Saban are still tight, I haven't seen any mention of get togethers this offseason like usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back