PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IF...we can't extend Sey, do we trade him before the draft?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What to do with Sey. IF we cant come to terms before draft.

• Trade now while value is highest. (and Draft deep)

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Extend him at ANY cost (10-11m?)

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Franchise him until...the sun implodes?

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Lets him goto FA and hope he comes back...(he won't)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Seymour I'm optimistic they'll get a deal done and it'll be top dollar. BB HAS kept players at top dollar when he knew he was better off with them. I give Ty Law and his $10,206,965 cap figure in 2004 even after he called BB a bad word -:) Even this year without a reworked deal Seymour carries a $7,414,000 cap figure. If they don't get it done before this year, I think they'll franchise him before the 2007 season and try and do a deal then, but I expect it this year when they have ample cap space. He's one of the dominant players in teh NFL and clearly makes the Patriots D better. And he's still young so he doesn't qualify for the "cut them before thier play drops off" idea.

The Pats will figure out a way to get it done, I suspect. That being said, history has shown that when TWO of Harrison, Seymour, and Bruschi are on the field, we win games.

if we trade him away, which we deff should not do; we need to get an impact player. Since he is worth so much, we would need to draft somone like aj hawk, cause he is freakin nasty. Not to mention many other draft picks. Would probably help the wholes that the team has; but i do not think that it is worth it to do. Unless he wanted to buy out of his contract or somthing rediculus like that.

Don't trade Seymour. Sign him, or franchise him for as long as is financially reasonable. He is one of the few irreplaceable Patriots, IMHO.

So with the newest information that Miguel has brought up, do you all still feel the same way???? It is getting harder and harder to keep him...

thanks to miguel, i'm officially an advocate of the

seymour

for

mario williams aka numero dos, donte stallworth, and courtney watson

i love seymour but its going to be near impossible to keep him :(

mavfan2390 said:
thanks to miguel, i'm officially an advocate of the

seymour

for

mario williams aka numero dos, donte stallworth, and courtney watson

i love seymour but its going to be near impossible to keep him :(

At the same time we can deal Brady for some #1's picks and have 120 mill in cap room with NO players at all.

NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
best player????? ummm....try number 12.

well one of the best player on the team and the best player on the D :D

I really liked the whole "Make it happen" philosophy until I saw it boiled down in the poll question: "Sign him at all costs"

Wha????

Okay, at any reasonable cost. I say sign him with now-money, guaranteed-money, etc., without silly salary numbers in the out-years. I have no problem with an average of 8 mill a year. A lot like what Miguel has proposed in the "What's Wrong With This Deal?" thread.

But maybe we should all ask ourselves exactly how bad Marquis Hill and Jarvis Green are. I would say not bad at all. If you're going to lose Seymour - and I'm not saying I want to - those guys to me are pretty stalwart second stringers. And that fact should not be forgotten as part of the "Patriots Way" either. They've got themselves in a good bargaining position... yes, Seymour is the Brady of the defense... but I think we've got a couple of Bledsoe equivalents backing him up. Or [gasp], it could be he's actually the Bledsoe of the defense, and one of those guys is Brady... okay, I'm dreaming at this point.

Point is, the backups could start in this league. If it trashes the team to keep Sey, and there is no other way, do a deal and get some draft mileage out of it. So let it be written, so let it be done. 8 million a year and a lot of up front money? Sure. 11 million? Sorry dude. But say hi to Ted Washington for us (or whoever).

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back