PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IF...we can't extend Sey, do we trade him before the draft?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What to do with Sey. IF we cant come to terms before draft.

• Trade now while value is highest. (and Draft deep)

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Extend him at ANY cost (10-11m?)

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Franchise him until...the sun implodes?

Votes: 25 40.3%
  • Lets him goto FA and hope he comes back...(he won't)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaCaCh

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
franchise him for many years? Let him go?

With all this new found money, and we still cant extend him right now, 20 mil under, how can we keep him? Why not trade him for a very high first rounder?
Do we get nothing for him? Choose...

trade him ?

IMO he is one of the best player we have

italianpatthepatriot said:
trade him ?

Sorry the poll was slow in coming. I dont want too, but seriously, if we cant extend him now, do we wait?What would change in the next year if we cant do it now?

SaCaCh said:
franchise him for many years? Let him go?

With all this new found money, and we still cant extend him right now, 20 mil under, how can we keep him? Why not trade him for a very high first rounder?
Do we get nothing for him? Choose...
interesting...well if u see that abraham gets a 1st rounder, seymour merits at least a high 1st and a 3rd plus a few other picks. but that would be a last resort and since you can franchise him, there is no reason to trade him.

trade him ?

best player????? ummm....try number 12.

NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
interesting...well if u see that abraham gets a 1st rounder, seymour merits at least a high 1st and a 3rd plus a few other picks. but that would be a last resort and since you can franchise him, there is no reason to trade him.

See I am thinking that his trade value would be at its highest right now as our hand is not being forced. As the franchise years start, it would allow other players to go as we start to overpay for RS and other teams would start to see they could get him for cheaper and cheaper every year we wait.

we have IMO two MUST players: Brady and Seymour.

They are vital for us

Then we have many important players (i.e: Branch, Bruschi, Vrabel, Watson, Koppen, Wilfork, Wilson, etc) but 2 are vital (Tom and Richard).

of course just my opinion

we have IMO two MUST players: Brady and Seymour.

They are vital for us

Then we have many important players (i.e: Branch, Bruschi, Vrabel, Watson, Koppen, Wilfork, Wilson, etc) but 2 are vital (Tom and Richard).

of course just my opinion

Well with Sey out we won two playoff games, with Bruschi out we did nothing and practically fell apart. I would push Tedy up a few notches.

We're not going to extend him now because we're waiting on our money until after the June cuts go through (my theory). There may be an Eric Moulds or Keith Bullock on the market come June.

I think we talk contract with big Sey in camp. If we still have some big millions to our disposal, and I believe that some of this 20 mil is reserved for a Seymour extension, then we'll give him a front loaded deal. If that doesn't work, franchise him till the sun implodes.

stinkypete said:
If that doesn't work, franchise him till the sun implodes.
With the new CBA, the third franchise tagging will bring him top 5 average QB salary.

stinkypete said:
If that doesn't work, franchise him till the sun implodes.

This sounds risky nowadays with all the solar implosions in vogue! :rocker:

Just franchise him if you cant resign him.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Just franchise him if you cant resign him.

For how long?

SaCaCh said:
For how long?
For the first two years if need be then let him obviously walk since we probably wont have a contract by then.

If only Marquis Hill had looked good as his possible sucessor :(

I would probably trade him if we got a worthy offer which would be something like Cleveland's #1 this year and next year. I doubt someone would offer that as they'd have to pay him a lot too. Getting a windfall of picks for him, we'd have to do it. As we have the Franchise Tag available, we could just go in that direction but I think he'd be an unhappy camper being tagged.

SeanBruschi54 said:
For the first two years if need be then let him obviously walk since we probably wont have a contract by then.

So if we can't extend him now, keep him for 3 years, and end up with nothing?

SeanBruschi54 said:
I agree, get 3 more years out of him.

SaCaCh said:
So if we can't extend him now, keep him for 3 years, and end up with nothing?
There's good value to trading him but getting 3 more years and losing him has significant value too. Or he could still be traded after being Franchised the second time.

BelichickFan said:
There's good value to trading him but getting 3 more years and losing him has significant value too. Or he could still be traded after being Franchised the second time.

True, but the his value would be low as we be forced to trade him at that time. Now we would get a 1 and 2-4. Then probably 4-6 rounder only. I just don't know which makes more sense, I would love to have him for 3 more years, but he won't be happy, and will start corroding the team chemistry we have and thrive on. He will go Lawyer Malloy on us, and maybe cause us to cut him and really get nothing.

SaCaCh said:
For how long?

One tag at a time. Life is beautiful when you live it one tag at a time.:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes