PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Troy Brown is laid up with the flu ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Speculation is that this is Troy Brown's last year, and that this Sunday could be his last game. Ironically, Troy is listed on the injury report as questionable with the flu, and it's common for players to check into the hospital where they can get 'round-the-clock treatment with IVs, etc. Well, suppose that Troy is REALLY sick and can't make the trip. If BB visits his bedside before heading out to Indy, this is what Brown is likely to say:

"You've got to go, Bill. It's all right. I'm not afraid. Sometime, Bill, when the team is up against it, when things are wrong and the breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go in there with all they've got and win just one for Bingo. I don't know where I'll be then, Bill. But I'll know about it, and I'll be happy."

Aint no way Troy would miss that game. Even if he is a zombie, he will be there.

That would suck, seein as I was about to start a "Troy Brown's Breakout Game" thread.

That would suck, seein as I was about to start a "Troy Brown's Breakout Game" thread.

Now you can start a "Zombie Troy Brown's Breakout Game" thread. Even better.

Didn't a lot of guys (including Brady) get the flu before before the 2004 AFC Championship?

Didn't a lot of guys (including Brady) get the flu before before the 2004 AFC Championship?

It was the 2005 AFCC against Pittsburgh. Brady apparently had a 103-degree fever the night before the game and had to be iced down, get an IV, etc. A pretty amazing story.

The bad effects of a flu dont last long...he'll be fine.

Its the players that have yet to catch it are the ones that are screwed.

There is no way he is going to miss this game. I thought it was funny that he was listed as questionable. Come on bill, we arent THAT gullible

Lets hope the rest of the team doesn't get it............

Lets not forget Tom Brady listed as probable with a case of the Wednesdays...

Oh no! the flu is sweeping the lockerroom? I thought Tedi Bruschi sounded awful on the radio the other day. I thought he was hoarse from the game, but maybe it was something else.

It was the 2005 AFCC against Pittsburgh. Brady apparently had a 103-degree fever the night before the game and had to be iced down, get an IV, etc. A pretty amazing story.
Another Brady - Joe Montana coincidental story. Joe was sick with flu and hypothermia during the 1979 Cotton Bowl and they had to keep sending him inside for chicken soup. So, he brought them back in the fourth quarter from a 34-12 deficit to win the game for Notre Dame, naturally. Tom - Joe, same guy, almost.

"You've got to go, Bill. It's all right. I'm not afraid. Sometime, Bill, when the team is up against it, when things are wrong and the breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go in there with all they've got and win just one for Bingo. I don't know where I'll be then, Bill. But I'll know about it, and I'll be happy."

Gipper%20cover%20medium.jpg

The bad effects of a flu dont last long...he'll be fine.

Its the players that have yet to catch it are the ones that are screwed.

I juat had my worst flu in 20 years a few weeks ago, and I was at running strength within 48 hours.

This thread has depressed the hell out of me. :mad:

a Troy Brown breakout game?

as i recall he caught 100 passes one year and was the nfl's top punt returner in another year.
troy done already had his breakout.
he is old, but BB/SP have him playing for the veteran minimum (cap hit: $500K). IMHO troy loves to play football. players who love the game stick around as long as they believe they can do some damage. otherwise they retire as soon as possible. troy clearly loves playing football in the nfl, for the patriots. IMO he would retire rather than play somewhere else.
but as long as he can make clse to 7 figures, he will stick around. and as long as BB/SP can get his kind of value for the veteran minimum, they'll want to keep him.
this season, he is the 3rd wideout. he probably took 100 snaps as a DB. he has returned punts. he's been on kick coverage teams. and when the patriots had only TB and cassel as QBs on the roster, he was listed as the 3rd string emergency QB.
if he wants to stay, they'll keep him. he fllls at least 2 roster spots.

Don't care if he has to sneeze or barf occasionally after the play. A fluish Troy Brown is better than no Troy Brown.

And I have a feeling this isnt Troys last year. The guy CANT retire when he can still play and play good. With all luck he could pass the flu onto some on the Colts, they can be miserable and miserably sick at the same time if they lose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back