Welcome to PatsFans.com

If This Were Bush

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +977 / 2 / -9

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +707 / 20 / -30

There are protestors of these endless wars at the Occupy Wall Street events, but a major problem is that there are no 8 X 10 glossies, and what we as a country hear are words and pictures are needed to mobilize people.

The newspaper imbedding process seriously curtailed gruesome pictures of innocents..

3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +899 / 14 / -7

This is terrible Harry. Two of our troops were killed with our own ordnance. It was fire that came from "friendly" drones.

Has this ever happened before in a war?

I am horrified.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +977 / 2 / -9

That wasn't my point and you know it, my point was "the double standard" the Democrat Obama Media would have been all over this if those were "Bush Drones" instead of "Obama Drones"

JUg Ears is starting another war in Africa (shhhhhhhhhh)

5. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

HB, regardless of what your "point" was, seems to me choosing an episode of friendly fire to make a political argument over what the media does and doesn't cover during W's tenure and now Obama's is a pretty poor choice of example. I would go so far to say someone, me, who thought Bush sucked and to this point Obama sucks, that whatever your point was, it is completely nullified by the "evidence" you chose to build your argument.

Just my 2 cents.:bricks:

6. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +354 / 7 / -4

harry still has no idea what Jon Stewart's show is about

7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +899 / 14 / -7

Righhhhhhht.

You are very concerned with when and how others are outraged, aren't you Harry?

I'm all about scaling down the total overseas commitment.

I'm pretty sure that the Iraq draw-down still allows this administration to be a comparative "peacenik" bunch by comparison - check the numbers.

And yet, this administration has actually been winning the so-called "war on terror" by going where the terrorists are -- you know, like Osama bin Laden? The last administration only succeeded by beating a country that wanted to get Bush's dad, so we all had to get into this pointless obligation to replace a tinpot tyrant with an eventual Iranian client state.

But you probably should call Harryboy c. 2006, and tell him it is actually important to get the perpetrators of 9/11, which this administration has done.

Similar "If this were Bush" moment: Wouldn't you be yelling and screaming and cheering your Fox TV Victory Newscast for six months solid, had Bush actually got Bin Laden?

Hell you guys did that when they caught up w/Saddam Hussein who had nothing to do with 9/11.

Pot, meet kettle.

please be quiet edited, as they say.

PFnV