PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If this is truly a championship caliber team

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightingirish595

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
If this is truly a championship team they can overcome this injury. Yes, sometimes too many injuries pile up and it's too much to overcome. But if this offenses success relies solely on one player, than it's simply an overrated offense. (With the exception of Tom brady,QBs are an exception) I think the talent is still obviously there for this team to hoist the trophy. Brady and Belichick are the greatest equalizers this sport has ever seen (in terms of players and coaches

All I'm going to say: We aren't a championship team if LA Rams beat us this Sunday :D

Well, except the Browns. And maybe the Niners.

Im taking this as a joke. But in all seriousness, they will beat you if you play 60
Min of bad football

I feel the same. It's not like 2013. We have Edelman, Lewis, Bennett, emerging WR. I still don't trust the defense though.

I feel the same. It's not like 2013. We have Edelman, Lewis, Bennett, emerging WR. I still don't trust the defense though.

Don't forget Hogan with the deep routes and Amendola making Clutch/Critical plays when it matters and if Cyrus Jones can get it together he can be a big weapon on returns he just has to learn how to hold on

Defense just needs to step up. I would like to think they figure it out and get it together.

If this is truly a championship team they can overcome this injury. Yes, sometimes too many injuries pile up and it's too much to overcome. But if this offenses success relies solely on one player, than it's simply an overrated offense. (With the exception of Tom brady,QBs are an exception) I think the talent is still obviously there for this team to hoist the trophy. Brady and Belichick are the greatest equalizers this sport has ever seen (in terms of players and coaches

No

Gronk is a game changer, plain and simple.

The Pats are 6-2 in the playoffs with a healthy Gronk and 2-3 without him (in years when he was on the team). He most certainly is a difference maker. The question is whether or not that 'difference' is between 'comfortable win vs. squeeker' or 'winning and losing'.

I still love our offense with Edelman, Bennett, Hogan, and Mitchell. Before we had a great player surrounded by really good complimentary pieces now we have a group of really good players. We can still win with that, but a championship is not a certainty. I'll certainly be rooting for this to happen though.

The Pats are 6-2 in the playoffs with a healthy Gronk and 2-3 without him (in years when he was on the team). He most certainly is a difference maker. The question is whether or not that 'difference' is between 'comfortable win vs. squeeker' or 'winning and losing'.

I still love our offense with Edelman, Bennett, Hogan, and Mitchell. Before we had a great player surrounded by really good complimentary pieces now we have a group of really good players. We can still win with that, but a championship is not a certainty. I'll certainly be rooting for this to happen though.

What would the 2-3 record look like if they had Bennett at the time? I think Bennett offsets the loss of Gronk quite a bit.

Gronk has only missed 3 playoff games, not 5. Aside from 2014 they have lost the last game of every season with or without him.
I don't know how that applies to this year though, because its a different team.

Think our O will develop some new wrinkles... James White and Dion Lewis may be utilized more. Less focus on Bennett until he recovers from his Ankle Injury..

There are lot of mix and match pieces in this Offense..

This team can be championship quality, but they need to get more in sync than they have the past two games... particularly on offense. Hopefully Brady's knee is more manageable..

It can be if...

1. The defense tightens up in key areas.

2. Malcolm Mitchell improves and Hogan remains healthy.

Those are the two keys without diving into it in depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back