Welcome to PatsFans.com

If they lie about Elton, imagine what they make-up about Bush

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, May 25, 2006.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +132 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

http://in.today.reuters.com/news/ne...R_RTRJONC_0_India-250962-1.xml&archived=False

Sir Elton has won another libel suit against the London tabloids. Now if they are just basically making-up stuff to embrasses Elton, imagine the lies they print to get to GWB?

Not that I am by any means a Big Elotn John fan, but he does seem to be a pretty harmless person.
    Funny side note, while in Vegas two years ago Mrs. FTW was shopping in the Elton John store in Ceasars, the phone rings and the clerk answers it, she laughs and says a few things and it quickly becomes clear that she is talking to Elton. He was home in the UK, the clerk explained to my wife that he gets a kick out of calling the store, he likes to hear the clerk answer the phone "Elton Jon Store" she said that she has meet him several times and that he is very good to all of the poeple that work for him. Doesn't really sound like a guy who would ask "not to be spoken to" while raising money for aids.
  2. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

They did a segment on him last night on MSNBC showing clips of him being rude to reporters. When I say rude, I'm talking about bleep after bleep after bleep. In one scene, a photographer snapped a picture when Sir Elton was talking, I guess that's a no-no, as he went into a bleeping, bleeping, outrage.
    I saw Elton and Billy Joel in one of their concerts tho, and really enjoyed it.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +425 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I'm a big Elton fan, I have been since I was 14 or 15. But he's far from the most stable person unfortunately. I love his music though.