PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If they can lose 3 out of the next 4 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were a Giant you would have been rooting for them to lose for most of last year.

Who were the giants missing last year in the playoffs? Anyone?

The patriots will be missing brady, adalius, rodney harrison, maroney, and probably several others.

You're not a fan. You're an idiot who thinks that Madden is a accurate simulation of what goes on in real life. You are clueless about so many things when it comes to football.

LOSING 3 of the next 4 isn't going to help the long term interests of this team. That is actually short term thinking, not long term.

dude........how come you get away with 'slapping' people senselessly, and I get put on double secret probation for suggesting reality has set in on cassel????

is the homer factor that bad here?

We'll be looking at a draft pick in the mid teens

I'll take that any day over a wild card loss in the first round

Trying to respond rationally to your comment, you're asking whether a pick "in the mid teens," which I will use your language to define as 15 or 16 (halfway between 13 and 19), is better than the pick that the second Wildcard in a Conference would get if it lost in the first round, which would be the 23rd or 24th pick. Once again, trying to be objective, the Draft Chart that most teams use to evaluate picks for trade purposes, values the 15 and 16 picks at an average of 1,025 points and the 23rd and 24th points at 750.

Add to that, the fact that the Draft is essentially a crapshoot anyway once you get below the first handful of players (and frequently is a crapshoot at the top as well--can anyone spell "Vince Young, "Ryan Leaf" and "Tom Brady?"), I really think that the value to the franchise of getting into the Playoffs and giving its Players the opportunity to get more Playoff experience (not to mention the importance to the fans) outweighs whatever slight, marginal value might be argued for those two lower picks.

Add to that the "you never know" factor about what can happen once a team is in the Playoffs, and I would have to say that you are DEAD WRONG.

Last edited:
The difference between drafting 15th or 25th is that at 15 we could maybe take the best CB in the draft

at 25 they'll just take another TE

Why is this thread not moved to the Practice Squad already?

This poster and thread is a prima facie example of why several excellent posters have left this Forum. Put this clown over on the PS.

How are you guys so sure about a wild card loss? We should have beaten teams like the Colts and Jets (2nd time) but shot ourselves in the foot. The Steelers was not so crystal clear but we SHOULD have at least been winning 17-13 with the ball midway through the 3rd quarter. This team is not as far off as some of you doomsayers think.

Our defensive performance yesterday actually encourages me about our chances in January if we get there.

This poster and thread is a prima facie example of why several excellent posters have left this Forum. Put this clown over on the PS.

Unfortunately, we don't have an Assclown asylum here, so posters who just produce silliness or go trolling can't be contained short of banning. We're stuck in a situation where bandwagon fans, and the emotional, non-bandwagon fans are going to be going nuts about this team for the rest of this season. Last year, with people screaming "We suck!" about an undefeated team in pretty much every game thread, was just the beginning. This is just the downside to a fanbase that's gotten spoiled by 7 years of excellence in the NFL.

Last edited:
Trying to respond rationally to your comment, you're asking whether a pick "in the mid teens," which I will use your language to define as 15 or 16 (halfway between 13 and 19), is better than the pick that the second Wildcard in a Conference would get if it lost in the first round, which would be the 23rd or 24th pick.

*sigh*

As I've pointed out before, unless a team makes the SB, they pick in record order. So a team with a 7-9 record that makes the playoffs but not the SB picks before every team that finishes 8-8 or better.

If the Pats make the playoffs, they pretty much have to end up in the low-to-mid 20s, but not by rule.

I am not a Pro Football fan per se. I follow only the Patriots.

When they make the playoffs, it gives me another week or two

or three that I can watch them. I am quite disappointed when their

season ends before the Super Bowl.

Who gives a damn where they draft? Any choice in the first round

should be a good player provided the scouting department is up

to snuff. The Patiots have had pretty good luck with their first

round choices.

Long time reader... first time poster... and I hate for my first post to be a Herm Edwards quote, but he hit the nail on the head with this one, "you play to WIN the game!" Any fan that pulls for their team to lose has probably never played sports or just doesn't understand what being a fan is all about.

Im unclear on exactly how eliminations work. If the Pats win all of their next upcoming games, is there still a chance they will not make the playoffs? I understand that the Jets are ahead one game but where is the balance between better record vs. better divisional record? What if the Jets blow the rest of their games?

We should have done that..... too late now.:(

I'm shocked... absolutely SHOCKED that none of you see the brilliance in Gicksauce. Every single one of his posts are f'n hilarious. See my signature for example.

I'm shocked... absolutely SHOCKED that none of you see the brilliance in Gicksauce. Every single one of his posts are f'n hilarious. See my signature for example.

I saw that earlier tonight and had to click on his comment to go back to the original thread. Giscksauce now has not one, but two of the all-time classic comments in the history of all sports fans message boards.

Originally Posted by Gicksauce
the FO isn't smarter than me

my Madden team won the super bowl last year, but the real patriots didn't

Originally Posted by Gicksauce
I'm basically the best madden player in franchise mode in the US

I'm pretty sure I know how to build a successful franchise

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes