PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If there was a way to have your animation suspended for the offeseason would you?

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
Some of the threads here are truly symptomatic of the withdrawal syndromes true Pats fans endure during the long off-season... it's clear from some of the thread titles that a lot of us are having a difficult time finding a way to fill the void ... threads about chess, who Brady should be dating, favorite uniform number, favorite Samoan Patriot (RayClay, I'm not picking on you buddy, those are actually pretty funny threads!)

So my question - what if you could be placed into suspended animation during the offseason? Assuming it was cheap and safe, would you do it? How about if you could get a brief wakeup for March 1st to 15th and again for draft weekend?

Seriously, I bet a lot of us would do it!

Nah. I would only do so from about mid-June (end of NBA/NHL) until camp starts, but then I would miss out on one of the few summer months we midwesterners have!

Seriously, while I LOVE football more than anything, once the season ends we have March Madness, then the NBA/NHL Playoffs (aka: Pistons/Wings chokefest) then it's time to get ready for football again. Plus, I love the draft, minicamps, and training camp.

I wouldn't either - I'd miss too much of life beyond football - but I bet there are some here that would! Come on guys, admit it, we know who you are... ;) :D

No way. I'm emotionally spent after the season ends. Need lots of time to recuperate and look forward to a new season.

Baseball. I need the Sox to drive me friggin' nuts in the Summer. It's our little tradition.

I love the football season, but I wouldn't do it, because then I would miss the Red Sox season

I love the football season, but I wouldn't do it, because then I would miss the Red Sox season

I have an honest question for you guys, and I really don't intend to start a big debate if it gets this way, but I want to know the Boston opinion on this. As an outsider, I plan my trips to Boston to coincide with the Pats (coincide? OK. So the Pats are the reason I go. But I digress) games. I like cold, so I go late November. Maybe I'm listening to the wrong stations, but it seems it's all Red Sox talk all the time. I mean, the Bears were in town for the game I was going to, the NFL races were heating up, and they were talking about the Red Sox rotation. Now I hate when people bring up Pistons v. Wings, what not here, because you can and should be a fan of both. But have I been that unlucky in my visitings, or is there really that much more media coverage of baseball, even when the Pats are in season? In Detroit, our sports media is typically seasonal, and goes off-season only when major events occur, or they are doing a weekly beat.

Sorry to venture so far OT...

Maybe I'm listening to the wrong stations, but it seems it's all Red Sox talk all the time.

As far as I remember it, that's pretty much the case. It's a Sox town. Always has been, always will be.

Last edited:
As far as I remember it, that's pretty much the case. It's a Sox town. Always has been, always will be.

Fair enough. Detroit is very fairweather. We are a Tigers town now, and have been Wings/Pistons town recently. There are always idiots talking Lions, but I tune them out. I guess I figured that with the Pats being as good as they are, I would hear more on the radio.

I have an honest question for you guys, and I really don't intend to start a big debate if it gets this way, but I want to know the Boston opinion on this. As an outsider, I plan my trips to Boston to coincide with the Pats (coincide? OK. So the Pats are the reason I go. But I digress) games. I like cold, so I go late November. Maybe I'm listening to the wrong stations, but it seems it's all Red Sox talk all the time. I mean, the Bears were in town for the game I was going to, the NFL races were heating up, and they were talking about the Red Sox rotation. Now I hate when people bring up Pistons v. Wings, what not here, because you can and should be a fan of both. But have I been that unlucky in my visitings, or is there really that much more media coverage of baseball, even when the Pats are in season? In Detroit, our sports media is typically seasonal, and goes off-season only when major events occur, or they are doing a weekly beat.

Sorry to venture so far OT...

Simple answer - - - Yes there really IS that much more media coverage of baseball, even when the Pats are in season! Fact of life here and really sucks for non-Red Sox fans. :eek:

I know this may get me banned, but guys, there really IS a life outside of football. Really, there is.

I know this may get me banned, but guys, there really IS a life outside of football. Really, there is.

:D Can you imagine? ...

<scene: visitors come to Michigan Dave household>

Guest: "What is that big metal drum in your living room?"

Mrs. Michigan Dave: "Oh, that's my husband. The Patriots lost to the Colts, so he went into hibernation a couple of weeks early this year. We're looking to de-thaw him about late July. Preseason starts then."

Guest: :eek: <running furiously out of the house>

<sound of car tires squealing away>

Fair enough. Detroit is very fairweather. We are a Tigers town now, and have been Wings/Pistons town recently. There are always idiots talking Lions, but I tune them out. I guess I figured that with the Pats being as good as they are, I would hear more on the radio.

I'm not a big talk radio guy (I take a commuter boat to downtown) so I can't pass judgement on that but I never have trouble finding all the Patriots info I can handle on TV or in newspapers here. As for the Sox you must remember they had a 60 year head start on the Pats. For the Pats to be breathing right down the Sox neck is remarkable for those of us who grew up here ( and always had the Pats as our #1 local team). Hell the Pats were a distant 4 of the 4 major sports. The longer the Krafts (and it starts with them) run the team the closer they will get to that #1 spot.

Last edited:
Some of the threads here are truly symptomatic of the withdrawal syndromes true Pats fans endure during the long off-season... it's clear from some of the thread titles that a lot of us are having a difficult time finding a way to fill the void ... threads about chess, who Brady should be dating, favorite uniform number, favorite Samoan Patriot (RayClay, I'm not picking on you buddy, those are actually pretty funny threads!)

So my question - what if you could be placed into suspended animation during the offseason? Assuming it was cheap and safe, would you do it? How about if you could get a brief wakeup for March 1st to 15th and again for draft weekend?

Why would I do that to all the women in this world?

Last edited:

There are plenty of other sports to watch. I guess some people are only football fans and not sports fans. Don't get me wrong i can't wait for the season to start myself, but i dont have a problem I can't wait for the NHL playoffs to start.

I admit, I'm a NFL fan and NOT a sports fan so all the Sox talk, etc. is boring to me. Used to be a Celtics fan but today's NBA is a snore.

I would do it between Sundays during the regular season.

To quote John Lennon, Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.

I think I can safely say my answer is no.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back