PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the playoffs were to start today... (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If the playoffs were today.....

Excellent matchup!

Do you think Belichick could scheme up something to freak out Matt Cassell in a playoff game against his own team? this may be the only time to have this sort of conjecture with the Chiefs dropping like a stone. Although who knows?

That Division is probably the one from which comes an 8-8 playoff team with all the mediocrity there.

Re: If the playoffs were today.....

1. Jets (5-1)
2. Steelers (5-1)
3. Titans (5-2)
4. Chiefs (4-2)

5. Patriots (5-1)
6. Ravens (5-2)

If the playoffs were to start today...

...a lot of people would be surprised because they're supposed to start in January.

*rimshot*

If Steelers win tommorow...

1. Steelers (6-2)
2. Jets (6-2)
3. Chiefs (5-3)
4. Titans (5-3)

5. Patriots (6-2)
6. Ravens (6-2)

If Steelers lose tommorow...

1. Ravens (6-2)
2. Jets (6-2)
3. Chiefs (5-3)
4. Titans (5-3)

5. Patriots (6-2)
6. Steelers (5-3)

As of right now...

1. Steelers (6-2)
2. Jets (6-2)
3. Chiefs (5-3)
4. Titans (5-3)

5. Patriots (6-2)
6. Ravens (6-3)

*Steelers better SOV than Jets
**Chiefs better AFC record than Titans

Jets win and the best the Patriots can do next week is stay @ #5. Jets lose and the Patriots would be #1 with a win over the Steelers.

Jets win and the best the Patriots can do next week is stay @ #5.
With both the Pats and the Jets currently at 6-2, calculating playoff seedings based on the Jets-Pats head-to-head tiebreaker IS ONE OF THE MOST POINTLESS ACTIVITIES KNOWN TO MAN. Unless you believe the playoffs will start before week 13 and the two teams won't meet again.

Either the Pats win the rematch and the head-to-head tiebreaker doesn't matter. Or the Jets sweep the series and go a game ahead, making the tiebreaker moot.

Personally, after reading this thread, I am going to petition Goodell to extend the season to 12 games. :rolleyes:

Though I fully expect some smarta## to point out the possibility of a tie.

Last edited:
With both the Pats and the Jets currently at 6-2, calculating playoff seedings based on the Jets-Pats head-to-head tiebreaker IS ONE OF THE MOST POINTLESS ACTIVITIES KNOWN TO MAN./QUOTE]

Um, the thread is called "If the playoffs were to start today" for those interested to see what it would look like.

I described the tie-breakers where they applied for 3 teams.

If you don't care, why did you click the thread?

If you don't care, why did you click the thread?
For pretty much the same reason I slow down to see how mangled the accident on the other side of the median is.

But, I will leave here until there's a point to this for me, sorry about that.

Last edited:
With both the Pats and the Jets currently at 6-2, calculating playoff seedings based on the Jets-Pats head-to-head tiebreaker IS ONE OF THE MOST POINTLESS ACTIVITIES KNOWN TO MAN. Unless you believe the playoffs will start before week 13 and the two teams won't meet again.

Either the Pats win the rematch and the head-to-head tiebreaker doesn't matter. Or the Jets sweep the series and go a game ahead, making the tiebreaker moot.

Personally, after reading this thread, I am going to petition Goodell to extend the season to 12 games. :rolleyes:

try reading the thread title again befor you post.

After today...

1. Jets (7-2)
2. Ravens (6-3)
3. Colts (6-3)
4. Raiders (5-4)

5. Patriots (7-2)
6. Steelers (6-3)

You are 100% correct. The supposed tie breaker advantage the Jets have by winning a home game against is is useless unless they beat us in our house. The tiebreaker is not in the Jets favor, it is incomplete.

You are 100% correct. The supposed tie breaker advantage the Jets have by winning a home game against is is useless unless they beat us in our house. The tiebreaker is not in the Jets favor, it is incomplete.

then talk to me after thanksgiving when both the jets are 9-2 and then we could talk about your post about being this game is crucial...

Andy Johnson, why are you bringing that up again, READ THE THREAD TITLE. I've been doing this every week, showing what the playoffs would be if they started today. People like to see.

Last edited:
Andy Johnson, why are you bringing that up again, READ THE THREAD TITLE. I've been doing this every week, showing what the playoffs would be if they started today. People like to see.
Because you are awarding an irrelevant tie breaker. The advantage doesnt exist. The Jets can not win the head to head tiebreaker 1-0. It just cant happen.

...you seriously can't grasp the idea of this thread?

then talk to me after thanksgiving when both the jets are 9-2 and then we could talk about your post about being this game is crucial...
What are you talking about?

If the playoffs started today the Patriots would be playing the Raiders at the black hole in the wild card game

Bet No one had predicted that at this time.

Yes I can. Can you not grasp that the tiebreaker you are awarding does not exist?

This thread would be impossible to exist if the tiebreakers (in progress) weren't applied.

You can't have this thread without acknowledging them. You're just trolling this thread at this point.

See this...

NFL 2010 Playoff Race - CBSSports.com

Oh look, CBS is also doing the same thing! Because that's how this type of topic works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes