PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, the AFC would look something like this:

1. IND (5-0, feh)
2. NE (4-1)*
3. BAL (4-1)* v. 6. CIN (3-1)**
4. SD (3-1) v. 5. DEN (3-1)**

[*,** These might be reversed; I don't feel like figuring out the tiebreakers right now. :)]

Simple question: how much change do you expect to see between now and Week 17?

Last edited:
ctpatsfan77 said:

1. IND (5-0, feh)
2. NE (4-1)*
3. BAL (4-1)* v. 6. CIN (3-2)**
4. SD (3-1) v. 5. DEN (3-2)**

[*,** These might be reversed; I don't feel like figuring out the tiebreakers right now. :)]

there's simply no telling.
it's way to early.
injuries. tough schedules. teams evolving.
how bout you wait a few weeks ?

I'm pretty sure Baltimore beat at least one NFC team, and their loss is of course within the conference. So the Pats "have" the tiebreaker.

Denver will have a 1st round bye again this year. Did you see them vs. the Ravens? What a defense. They have been absolutely dominant.

Kdo5 said:
Denver will have a 1st round bye again this year. Did you see them vs. the Ravens? What a defense. They have been absolutely dominant.

Yea Denver defensively looks great. Their Downfall will be Plummer.

Kdo5 said:

They probably won't get the bye- they have 7 tough matchups left:

SD, at SD, at PIT, at KC, CIN, IND, SEA

Against any explosive offense Denver is vulnerable, so the Charger, Bengal, Colt and Seahawk games are going to be tough. I see them going 12-4, winning the West, but finishing 3rd behind us and Jacksonville (their schedule is easier than Indy's).

desi-patsfan said:
Yea Denver defensively looks great. Their Downfall will be Plummer.

If you thought he looked bad in the slop, imagine him playing during a NE snow-shower in the playoffs or on a bitter evening a la Titans playoff game.

Oh boy I can't wait :)

If the playoffs started today . . .

The warm weather and dome teams would have a tremendous advantage since it's only October.

I'm in the It's Too Early camp on this one, but it'd be nice if we could move ahead of Indy on that list by the time that it actually counts.

ctpatsfan77 said:

1. IND (5-0, feh)
2. NE (4-1)*
3. BAL (4-1)* v. 6. CIN (3-1)**
4. SD (3-1) v. 5. DEN (3-1)**

Not that it really matters; the schedule is typically unbalanced after only 5 weeks. But the Pats have a better conference record that Baltimore (4-1 vs 3-1), so the Pats would be seeded 2nd.

Denver has a better conference record than San Diego (3-0 vs 3-1) and would thus be the 4th seed.

Cincinnati and San Diego have equal conference records at 3-1. The next criterion would be common opponents, Pittsburgh, whom they both beat. Like I say, this gets pointless after only the 5th week. Lets just call Cincinnati and San Diego the wild card teams.

The NFC is even more kludgy...

1. Chic 5-0
2. Phil - NO - SL all 4-1
5. Atla - Seat both 3-1

On top of having equal conference records, Phil, NO and SL all have equal 1-0 records against common opponents (Green Bay).

Atla and Seat tie for the wildcard at 3-1 league and conference records, and are 1-0 against common opponents (Arizona).

So really, "if the playoffs started today..." really is a meaningless concept, at least in determining seedings and pairings.

BTW, the NFC leads the AFC 9-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back