PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Pats win the AFCCG.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigEZPatsFan76

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Maybe we don't care, but I was just curious. It might be very interesting to see what transpires in Indy, should they lose to us, this game. You know, first off na-Polian will be livid, have a coronary, and want heads to roll. I may be wrong, but I think if we win it, Tony Dungy may wind up "falling on the sword" when all is said and done. Or at least, he will be on thin ice come next year. We all know "Golden Boy" will not be permitted to take the blame, someone else will be "thrown under the bus".

I don't know about anyone else here, but I am kind of relishing this new "underdog" role this time around. For some reason, as the week has gone by, I am more relaxed about it. All of the big pressure is on Peyton and the Colts this time around. NO excuses for them this time, that bag is empty after this one. I think, as a collective group, should the Colts lose, this would be a major dagger in their hearts for seasons to come. Now, I am certainly not guaranteeing a win or anything, but am starting to feel good about our chances. I am still "cautiously optomisitic". I was worried that the team may have been drained after such a huge emotional win last Sunday. But, somehow, I don't think they will be drained at all. Now, should we win, I am so glad we have two weeks before the Super Bowl, after had to beat SD and Indy back to back, on the road no less.

EZ76

Last edited:
yeah, it would be fun watching the colts lose thier minds if they lose.

let's hope we get to enjoy that spectacle!

I love the underdog role as well! It puts some excitement in this game. When the Pats where at home, you could just chalk up a win. This year, the game is going to be played in Indy for the first time. Sad to say it but this could be the Colts year, they have been playing great (as a team) in the playoffs. But how awesome of a win would this be if the Pats knocked off the Colts in the championship game IN THEIR HOUSE? Na-Polian will find something to complain about. This game reminds me a lot of the Lakers-Kings game seven of the Western Conference Finals in Sacramento. Vlade Divac said early in the season that if the Kings have home court in game seven they would knock off the Lakers. Well, the Lakers won the game in overtime, leaving everyone in Arco Arena stunned and Kings players pissed off. The Lakers went on to beat the Nets in the NBA finals 4-0. I can't wait for Sunday, it should be a classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back