PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Pats make a move before the Trade Deadline, which position is most important

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which position is most important to fill if a trade happens

• Running Back

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Wide Receiver

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Offensive Tackle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Defensive Tackle or End

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outside Linebacker

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Inside Linebacker

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Another Position not mentioned

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • No trades needed - We have a good enough roster and PS

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
If the Pats surprise and do one trade deal before tomorrow's deadline at 4pm which position do you want to see the team fill for depth the most?

Re: If the Pats make a move before the Trade Deadline,which position is most importan

WR

then pass rusher (either LB or DE)

and lastly RB

and nothing else

Re: If the Pats make a move before the Trade Deadline,which position is most importan

WR

then pass rusher (either LB or DE)

and lastly RB

and nothing else

Poll is up if you want to vote for ONE

By far I want an outside linebacker - With Banta Cain possibly gone for good there is absolutely not ONE pass rusher on this team we can rely on to try and get near the QB other than maybe Mike Wright - We could have the worse pass rushing squad in the NFL if no one comes aboard and Cain is gone.

A wide receiver is important but remember we have the best in the game in Brady and if he has to get the TEs and RBs involved out of the backfield to make up for a lack of a solid 3rd WR then it can be done..OLB cannot be fixed that easily.

Last edited:

Yes, we could use OLB depth and/or a developmental OLB. Of course, discussing linebackers and making predictions or suggestions is a waste of time. Belichick has had a love-hate relationship with that position since he arrived. Belichick will continue to surprise us each season at this position, and even each week. So far this week Banta-Cain has been waived, Thomas has been benched, and Burgess who has been a DE for us started at OLB.

Perhaps we could trade Chung or Brace for Laurinitis. :)
============================================

Burgess and Woods were our starters this week and they are free agents after the season, although Woods could be a restricted free agent if there is no new CBA.

Thomas is in the doghouse and may or may not be in Belichick's plans for 2010 and 2011.

That leaves Ninkovich who will be a restricted free agent after the season.

I said RB because our Defense is doing very well.

Re: If the Pats make a move before the Trade Deadline, which position is most importa

i dont think the pats will make any trade's and if they do it wil be AD going back to the ravens for a 3rd round pick

but if there is a move out there i would like to see them pick up merriman

Re: If the Pats make a move before the Trade Deadline, which position is most importa

a 3 down OLB that can start opposite AD or replace AD if BB is really that upset with him.

I think our RB's can handle it, especially if Morris is expected back

Wrs don't really worry me - moss, welker, edelman, aiken are a serviceable top 4

This AM we are the 6th rated D and the 4th rated O... not a huge need to do much of anything... sign some of our deserving vets...

We don't need to do anything, except accept offers we can't refuse.

I say RB for the sake of depth. The team obviously thinks Taylor is coming back, but probably not for at least another month. Sammy Morris is probably close to being IR'd if his knee injury has even a moderate degree of severity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back