PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Pats keep Cassel and pay him 14.6 mil does it change the Pats pay structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If the Pats keep Cassel and pay him 14.6 mil does it change the Pats pay structur

If espn and other media outlets are saying the Patriots should keep Cassel regardless of Bradys health. Then the Patriots will add the players from the draft and little else. Just dont come on the message board and complain about the Patriots defense being horrible inside the red zone. Maybe Brady or Cassel can play defense.

Ok, let's try this a different way.....

Here are the starters penciled in for next season:

Seymour
Wilfork
Warren
Thomas
Vrabel
Mayo
Bruschi
Hobbs
Wheatley
Meriweather
Unknown
Wilhite (Nickel)
Guyton (sub ILB)

Now, where is all the overhaul is supposed to occur? It seems to me that 8 or 9 of the 11 slots are already locked down.

Re: If the Pats keep Cassel and pay him 14.6 mil does it change the Pats pay structur

Even with the current patriots defense, I think cassel can win a superbowl for the patriots, so if the patriots keep him this year and wont be able to make drastic improvements for their defense should not really be a concern.

Next season the patriots defense should improve without any key additions to the defense. The defense wont improve by that much, but there should be some improvements.

As a patriots fan, I really like the feeling of having both brady and cassel.

If the patriots dont get a lot for cassel they could keep him and then negotiate a contract with cassel and have him be a really high paid back up QB. If other teams dont pay him big now, most likely they wont pay him big a year from now.

If patriots keep cassel and he helps the patriots win a super bowl next season, can the patriots put the franchise tag on him against next year?

If espn and other media outlets are saying the Patriots should keep Cassel regardless of Bradys health. Then the Patriots will add the players from the draft and little else. Just dont come on the message board and complain about the Patriots defense being horrible inside the red zone. Maybe Brady or Cassel can play defense.

i think you're forgetting that we added 2 Rookie CB's last year and 3 Rookie LB's in the draft. most players see the largest improvement after year 1, so hopefully our young guys are in that category and our defense gets better

also, we have a bunch of draft picks this year already. i think we are in great shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back