PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Pats don't sign Moss, what will you do??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: They announced Washington being resighed but why not Moss

?? i dont know what to think now

The answer's in your own screen name - I'm amazed you overlooked it.

I'm sure I'm stating the obvious and repeating something already addressed, but have you people really not considered the likelihood that Moss's contract is linked to Brady restructuring and extending his?

After all we're talking about what could be up to a $10 million a year contract.

So yes, I would expect that re-signing Moss and extending Brady could indeed be slightly more complicated than renegotiating a contract with Washington, and thus might take just a little bit more time to be worked out and announced.

Last edited:

Your typing tells me you've been drinking.

In reality i was not but in the lack of randy moss reality i was

Offical nervous about Randy Moss thread

i am i dont know about you

Re: Offical nervous about Randy Moss thread

I'm with you brotha. I am extremely worried and nervous.

I think his agent simply advised him to listen to any and all offers for the entire day and at the end of the day, bring whatever is faxed in over to Scott Pioli and ask him to come to within 90% of it. And in the end, the Pats will.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's cruel, but I'd kind of like to collect a list of the aggressive "don't worry" stuff from this board you tend to see.

"Walking boot? Big deal. Means nothing. Media conspiracy."

"Teams that played us twice did better the second time, bah. There was weather, Chargers are better now, etc."

"Giants gained confidence in first game? Baloney. It was a loss. Pathetic. What's that? Lawyer Milloy said same thing about Pats/Rams regular season in 2001? Means nothing. Pay no attention."

"Spygate. It will blow over. Don't pay attention."

And now:

"There's a deal with Randy. Just an hour or two away. That's why we didn't franchise him. He LOVES us and will give tens of millions for the winning."

Not that worrying every got anyone anywhere. But it's not unreasonable to be thinking about a team without Moss next year.

Last edited:

They're waiting to actually resign Moss before they announce it. ;)

I not worried yet. There has been no indications he is visiting any other team or actively shopping himself. Until I hear these reports, I am not going to get too riled up about it.

i am i dont know about you

Dude, are you okay? You've started a few Moss anxiety threads lately. I see you're from Worcester so do yourself a favor. Go down to the Sole and belly up and have a few to calm down. The crowd will start building up soon and help you.

If you're young just head on down to Park Ave and start stumbling from place to place.

I will worry when I read thet he has signed somewhere else. Until then it's just business as usual with the Pats

Again till is see Moss is a Bronco, Titan or Panther, I still think he is a Pat.. Because I really think there will be a picket by some fans outside of Bass Pro shop.

Again till is see Moss is a Bronco, Titan or Panther, I still think he is a Pat.. Because I really think there will be a picket by some fans outside of Bass Pro shop.
ESPN radio was talking Moss to the Colts or Cowboys today (nothing substantial, just what if). Imagine Moss with the horseshoe or the star on his helmet?

I think this team is getting a bit too weird/arrogant. They don't seem to worry that much about players except for a chosen few. They certainly don't worry about their fans. Yeah, the Internet magnifies things tenfold or more; that's the age we live in. People that call the Red Sox and their fans neurotic make me laugh now. The Red Sox are a rock now compared with the Patriots. There, I said it, and I won't waiver as a fan of the Pats, but they seriously need a PR guy or something.

(in my best Sam Kinison voice)

"OH! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

I'm not nervous until I hear about Moss NEGOTIATING with another team. And even then he's going to give the Pats the chance to match.

We've got the "officail free agency thread", and now we've got the "Offical nervous about Randy Moss thread".

You can edit the thread title...

ESPN radio was talking Moss to the Colts or Cowboys today (nothing substantial, just what if). Imagine Moss with the horseshoe or the star on his helmet?

I think this team is getting a bit too weird/arrogant. They don't seem to worry that much about players except for a chosen few. They certainly don't worry about their fans. Yeah, the Internet magnifies things tenfold or more; that's the age we live in. People that call the Red Sox and their fans neurotic make me laugh now. The Red Sox are a rock now compared with the Patriots. There, I said it, and I won't waiver as a fan of the Pats, but they seriously need a PR guy or something.

Oh my god the pats are going to 1-15 next year what are we gonna do. You have to give the Red SOx ownership their doos becuase they have stabalized what was a very unstable franchise. But don't Forget Kraft did that too in the 90's and the team you have seen in the 2000s is the rock of a franchise he built.

Yes this team is losing some talent ( Idoubt we lose Moss) but they are still in the upper echolon of teams competing and will be for years.

Even the most stable franchise can't win every year, the goal is to be competing for a title every year. We will be competing for one next year.....we are prolly the favorites.

(in my best Sam Kinison voice)

"OH! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

To follow up on this, to honor the greatest comic to ever grab a microphone, the great Sam Kinison.

"It's 1:05pm EST, and Randy is not.......oh.....ohhh.....ohhhhhhh.ohhhhhhhhhhh"

It's tough to gauge your market if everyone believes you already have a deal in place. For a lot of reasons, this is the deal they have with Randy. He wants to stay and to prove it he told them he will not be looking to break the bank here. But he obviously wants a deal that reflects the market. They were OK with that probably because you don't want Randy here unless he's happy to be here.

They likely have an understanding about how long they will engage in gauging the market before a mutual decision must be made. They probably also have left the door open with Stallworth and Rosenhaus with whom they have a good relationship, to give them a call before they sign a deal anywhere.

As for some of the more idiotic spins, Randy to the Colts or 'Boys would be a hoot. The Colts already have $19M in cap tied up in Harrison and Wayne, not to mention Peyton's $18.6M nut this year and the $6M+ deal they just gave to his binky TE Clark. Although I'd almost pay to see Randy trying to remain focused while Peyton went through his antics at the LOS. And TO who is in the last year of his deal would have an aneurism over his QB <sob> focusing on his nemesis to build a rapore. That would be a getcha popcorn ready season for sure...

Dude, are you okay? You've started a few Moss anxiety threads lately. I see you're from Worcester so do yourself a favor. Go down to the Sole and belly up and have a few to calm down. The crowd will start building up soon and help you.

If you're young just head on down to Park Ave and start stumbling from place to place.

I saw this too. Obviously, Brady-to-Moss felt like spamming the very same subject in 3 separate threads, so I just took care of that for him by merging. He's being warned. Multiple threads by the same threadstarter on the same subject will not be tolerated. It wastes our members' time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back