PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Pats did videotape the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: if the pats did video the jets

The wildcard in this is that, there's really only ONE guy on the field for whom this information would be useful. It's not Belichick. It's not the coaches in the booth. It's not the 10 of 11 players on the field. The Packers complaint, and Kerry Rhodes statements on Sunday, was that the Patriots always had the correct check-off to what they were doing defensively. The helmet mic is off by that time. There's only one guy, if anyone, using that information on gameday in the manner that has been alleged.

And you don't think Brady from his many games can recognize a defense, and he knows what to expect from Mangini, can figure out the Jets D on his own? Mangini oversaw a completely overmatched defense. Brady wouldn't have looked so good were it not for all the time he had in the pocket. No signal is going to help create a stable pocket. The Jets passrush was non-existent, not because the Jets blitzers were picked up, but because they sent everyone out into the backfield, and Brady had all day. You guys had three frickin' players chasing Randy Moss. How many more are you going to stick on one guy?

So what really is the problem here? If it's ok to steal signals and employ them in the game, then what did the Patriots do wrong? Are people only on the Patriots because of a technicality, as you wrote. They technically broke a rule. Whereas the NFL is completely ok with using stolen signs in a game.
The silly answer is "it's against the rules". Which is why I think this is being blown out of proportion. There's no difference between this and reading the lips of the OC - which is why they cover their mouths. What Miami did last year was more likely to help their team and was basically the same thing. But those are both not against the rules, this is. So we MAY have to pay a penalty for breaking the rules but make no mistake, it's no smoking gun against us.

And you don't think Brady from his many games can recognize a defense, and he knows what to expect from Mangini, can figure out the Jets D on his own? Mangini oversaw a completely overmatched defense. Brady wouldn't have looked so good were it not for all the time he had in the pocket. No signal is going to help create a stable pocket. The Jets passrush was non-existent, not because the Jets blitzers were picked up, but because they sent everyone out into the backfield, and Brady had all day. You guys had three frickin' players chasing Randy Moss. How many more are you going to stick on one guy?

Where do you get this opinion of mine that you seem to be challenging? Certainly from nothing that I'VE written. Everything I've said has been content neutral, except to say that that , if videotape - ANY videotaping - on a sideline is against the rules, and if they were doing it (and they certainly have in the past), then I would penalize them.

Otherwise, I'm generally of the theory that any information you can gather to use for your benefit is useful and fair game.

Last edited:

Where do you get this opinion of mine that you seem to be challenging? Certainly from nothing that I'VE written. Everything I've said has been content neutral, except to say that that , if videotape - ANY videotaping - on a sideline is against the rules, and if they were doing it (and they certainly have in the past), then I would penalize them.

Otherwise, I'm generally of the theory that any information you can gather to use for your benefit is useful and fair game.

You implied that Brady was the only one who could make use of this information. I pointed out to you that I sincerely doubt he did.

Now, you would penalize them because they broke a rule, even though the NFL is completely ok with a team employing the use of stolen signals in a game? Seriously, where's the logic there?

Now, you would penalize them because they broke a rule, even though the NFL is completely ok with a team employing the use of stolen signals in a game? Seriously, where's the logic there?
And what Miami did was far worse in terms of affecting the game. Knowing the audibles of the QB is darn near a smoking gun on not giving an offense a chance because they don't typically change that much. Defensive signals, many teams have two guys doing signals anyway. But what Miami did was "legal".

And what Miami did was far worse in terms of affecting the game. Knowing the audibles of the QB is darn near a smoking gun on not giving an offense a chance because they don't typically change that much. Defensive signals, many teams have two guys doing signals anyway. But what Miami did was "legal".
Clarifications needed...I really feel pissed at what the media is doing. Even DnC this Am..total stooges...

You implied that Brady was the only one who could make use of this information. I pointed out to you that I sincerely doubt he did.
Yes. I said that Brady was the only one who COULD use this information in real time. I made that point to support my thinking that any video taping being done would be use for future gameplanning.

Yes, if there was a memorandum sent out by the league telling teams that it was illegal to use videotaping equipment on the sidelines, then I would penalize the team. The logic in that would be for the even enforcement of league rules. It would be illogical to not impose a penalty.

Even DnC this Am..total stooges...

Unfortunately they are back, yesterday were talking about Michael Vick again.. at least they are talking about the Pats....

Yes. I said that Brady was the only one who COULD use this information in real time. I made that point to support my thinking that any video taping being done would be use for future gameplanning.

Yes, if there was a memorandum sent out by the league telling teams that it was illegal to use videotaping equipment on the sidelines, then I would penalize the team. The logic in that would be for the even enforcement of league rules. It would be illogical to not impose a penalty.

So you're a bureaucrat. You're all for imposing illogical rules, but you're ok with teams cheating during the game.

Thanks.

Article said Jets bench... source?

Boomer Esaison on WFAN this very morning stated the same thing. Patriot coach on the Patriots sideline NOT on the Jets sideline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes