PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Pats and 49ers win this weekend......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they ever done a SB rematch in week 1? I don't remember it happening.

I don't actually know, but I'd think if Pats and Niners both make it their game next year would be a natural. Pats also play at Baltimore next year, and that could be a candidate too ... but I'd imagine only if Ravens win tomorrow. Which won't happen. :)

I consulted the Google and here are some other potential openers (IMO) involving the Final Four:
- Giants at Baltimore
- 49ers at Giants
- 49ers are also at Saints

Have they ever done a SB rematch in week 1? I don't remember it happening.

I am pretty sure it has happened before. in fact i think more than once. (didn't it happen with the miami team that lost way back when)

Sad thing for Eagles fans is they had 4 shots at the NFC title in the past 11 years and only won one of them :snob:

Well, then that gives the NYJ something to aspire to. They couldn't make it either try but maybe down the road…like in a few generations.

I don't actually know, but I'd think if Pats and Niners both make it their game next year would be a natural. Pats also play at Baltimore next year, and that could be a candidate too ... but I'd imagine only if Ravens win tomorrow. Which won't happen. :)

I consulted the Google and here are some other potential openers (IMO) involving the Final Four:
- Giants at Baltimore
- 49ers at Giants
- 49ers are also at Saints

Under the current format, there is only a 1 in 8 chance of the superbowl loser playing at the superbowl winner the following season. Under older formats the league could have arrainged such a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back