PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Patriots win the SB with Cassel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phlash

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Does this cement BB as the best coach of all time, bar none? Or is he there already?

He is already there, i feel he should be up there with VL.

I'd like to see this not so much because I want a SB win (of course I do) but because it would cause all the hater's heads to simultaniously explode and I want to record that sound.

That bridge is about six time zones away.

Hard to tell. You'll always have the arguments about how other guys won with entirely different teams/eras/rosters like Gibbs, Parcells, etc while so far all of BB's rings thus far were here with this Pat's dynasty. Which is a fair argument I guess. But the job he did in 2001 was the greatest single season coaching performance of all time and if he wins this year I would have it as the 2nd best.

Yes but what did Parcells win when BB left?I always consider BB a much better coach then the Tuna!

If it came down to winning with different QBs, you would have to add Gibbs in the argument as well. Didn't he win with 3 different QBs?

Worse QB's have won SB's. Apparently, you think little of the quality of the rest of the team.

Does this cement BB as the best coach of all time, bar none? Or is he there already?

It would put him side by side with VL

But we'd here this from jealous fans (if Cassel wins the SB or Pats struggle)

A) Brady is a system QB (even though every QB plays in a system...but Pats haters can't grasp that logic)

B) Brady made Belichick

C) Lucky

And we do this to them :rofl:

If Cass and the pats win the superbowl it make bb the undisputed greatest head coach of all time and we would also have a qb controvercy

Worse QB's have won SB's. Apparently, you think little of the quality of the rest of the team.

Those QB's weren't replacing one of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time, coming off his and the greatest QB season in NFL history.

BB has lost his veteran leader starting safety, his #1 RB and the 2007 league MVP quarterback.

It would truly be a phenomenal feat. Not to mention this season is following up the most disappointing loss in NFL history.

Something I've always wondered, why is Parcells caled Tuna?

I'd like to see this not so much because I want a SB win (of course I do) but because it would cause all the hater's heads to simultaniously explode and I want to record that sound.

Good one... Made me laugh

Something I've always wondered, why is Parcells caled Tuna?

Bill Parcellls...

I think it goes back to my first time with the Patriots. There was an old commercial from Starkist with Charlie the Starkist Tuna, so my players were trying to con me on something one time, and I said, 'You must think I'm Charlie the Tuna,' you know, a sucker, and that's kind of how it started.

We started with it that year and they used to wear those little tuna helmets, you know, tuna pictures on their helmets. That's where it all started."

I would so love to have my ringtone being Mark Schlereth's exploding head.

one win and here we are already winning the SB. a few weeks back the loss to SD had some ppl here talking trash abt the team and coaches..........lol.......

Yeah, this question is really, really, really far down on my questions.

How about, if the Patriots win a playoff with Matt Cassel, we start to wonder this. But, we aren't even in the playoffs yet, so lets relax.

Everyone take one and then post in the morning.

chillpill.jpg

My thoughts exactly.If we start beating teams like the colts, the steelers, then we are talking!!

Does this cement BB as the best coach of all time, bar none? Or is he there already?[/QUOTe

Ummm.....let's not get carried away here......The Pats will have all they can do to make the playoffs this season....to be honest....and that is....IF they can keep the rest of the key players healthy....Let's be honest....This Pats team STRUGGLED and nearly lost to the Rams who are in the cellar of the NFL......Now onto Cassel..........He had a GOOD game today overall......However, he did have 2 picks....and still missed several wide open receivers......The key thing I have to give Cassel is....HEART.....he is a decent backup QB.......realistically that is what he will be in this league most likely....BUT......he played with alot of guts and fire today.......fought for extra yards and gave it everything he had......I give him alot of credit for what he has been able to do within his abilities this year..........But let's not start putting the cart WAY before the horse....and talk about SB with this team right now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back