PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Patriots lost to the Giants in week 16 are we Super Bowl champions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The Patriots had to have tons of pressure to go 19-0 which may have hurt in the SB and the Giants had confidence that they could beat them since they played close the first time so if the Giants would have beaten the Patriots in week 16 the team has much less pressure,less arrogance and maybe the Giants get ****y thinking they could win again and play with less emotion so the question is - If the Patriots lose in week 16 to the Giants do we win the Super Bowl or at least have more intensity and with less pressure and would the offense have been better as well or is it all irrelevant?

Last edited:
the only way this theory works is if the Pats don't play any starters or only play them into the second qtr....that's the only way to derail the Giants confidence train. if they played their starters and lost it then the giants get even more confidence

I think you have been spanking yer monkey too much over the loss.

There's no way to know, of course, but it's fun to think about the "what if's". And yeah, that might have been good for the team. A wake up call, (as coincidentally, the Everly Brothers "Wake Up Little Suzy" is playing in my headphones...)

I don't think we'll ever know what would have happened. But one thing I do know is that I would gladly have lost that game and the perfect season in exchange for the championship. I'm pretty sure the Pats feel the same way.

I don't think we'll ever know what would have happened. But one thing I do know is that I would gladly have lost that game and the perfect season in exchange for the championship. I'm pretty sure the Pats feel the same way.
You can't really argue with that, but on the other hand you can't have a perfect season without a SB win, but you can have it the other way around, so it wouldn't make sense to argue "I'd rather have a perfect season without a SB win". It can't happen.

Not to mention that I never want to see Brady get MVP again,No MVP QB has ever won the Super Bowl,Its a jinx

You can't really argue with that, but on the other hand you can't have a perfect season without a SB win, but you can have it the other way around, so it wouldn't make sense to argue "I'd rather have a perfect season without a SB win". It can't happen.
No, I did not say lose one game and still have a perfect season and a championship. I know that obviously can't happen. What I said was, "...lost that game and the perfect season in exchange for the championship." In other words, end the regular season 15-1 and therefore no perfect season but still go 3-0 in the play-offs and be Superbowl Champs. Get it? ;)

No, I did not say lose one game and still have a perfect season and a championship. I know that obviously can't happen. What I said was, "...lost that game and the perfect season in exchange for the championship." In other words, end the regular season 15-1 and therefore no perfect season but still go 3-0 in the play-offs and be Superbowl Champs. Get it? ;)
Well sure, who wouldn't make that tradeoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back