Welcome to PatsFans.com

If the Patriots lost to the Giants in week 16 are we Super Bowl champions?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The Patriots had to have tons of pressure to go 19-0 which may have hurt in the SB and the Giants had confidence that they could beat them since they played close the first time so if the Giants would have beaten the Patriots in week 16 the team has much less pressure,less arrogance and maybe the Giants get ****y thinking they could win again and play with less emotion so the question is - If the Patriots lose in week 16 to the Giants do we win the Super Bowl or at least have more intensity and with less pressure and would the offense have been better as well or is it all irrelevant?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  2. BostonBullit

BostonBullit On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

the only way this theory works is if the Pats don't play any starters or only play them into the second qtr....that's the only way to derail the Giants confidence train. if they played their starters and lost it then the giants get even more confidence

3. WallyPip

WallyPip Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think you have been spanking yer monkey too much over the loss.

4. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

There's no way to know, of course, but it's fun to think about the "what if's". And yeah, that might have been good for the team. A wake up call, (as coincidentally, the Everly Brothers "Wake Up Little Suzy" is playing in my headphones...)

5. jscout

jscout On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't think we'll ever know what would have happened. But one thing I do know is that I would gladly have lost that game and the perfect season in exchange for the championship. I'm pretty sure the Pats feel the same way.

6. PromisedLand

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You can't really argue with that, but on the other hand you can't have a perfect season without a SB win, but you can have it the other way around, so it wouldn't make sense to argue "I'd rather have a perfect season without a SB win". It can't happen.

7. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Not to mention that I never want to see Brady get MVP again,No MVP QB has ever won the Super Bowl,Its a jinx

8. jscout

jscout On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, I did not say lose one game and still have a perfect season and a championship. I know that obviously can't happen. What I said was, "...lost that game and the perfect season in exchange for the championship." In other words, end the regular season 15-1 and therefore no perfect season but still go 3-0 in the play-offs and be Superbowl Champs. Get it? ;)

9. PromisedLand

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well sure, who wouldn't make that tradeoff?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.