PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the NFL skips 2011, will you be back whenever they return (2012 or beyond?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope parking doesn't go up to $100 and a game ticket isn't $400

I just hope parking doesn't go up to $100 and a game ticket isn't $400

Depends. If the NFL tries to make up their lost money through the fans by gouging our eyes out with enormous increases? No, I am not coming back. I will not pay for their lost wages and business costs because they couldn't get a deal done. As far as I'm considered, we the fan are a huge part of their success and without us neither of them would be getting paid. Don't pawn your greed out on me!

If there is little increase and a whole lot of *^# kissing like baseball did then "yeah. I'll be back."

Lots of good points here, on both sides.

As I say, I am not realy sure how I will feel.

As a fan, I guess I am selfish and I want what I want when I want it. The economics of it don't matter to me - I want my MAYPO!

That said, there were some strong points regarding the owners and their needs to see the world through a more realistic looking glass. maybe a work stoppage is what it will take to bring that about.

It will eb interesting to see what happens.

Naturally, as with all of us, I hope I never have to find out the answer to my question/title.

I am hopeful that they will reach an 11th hour agreement. What is the deadline? March 4?

i'll be back, and i'm a fan of a team who has never even won a superbowl

so for you pats fans, i can't imagine anyone saying they won't be back

:confused:everyone keeps saying "millionaires and billionaires" but how many players are actual millionaires? its easy to look at the tom bradys and payton mannings and see their huge salaries but in a sport where the average life span is 4-5 years do you think most are millionaires? add the absolute physical abuse they endure to provide us with entertainment each week and i have a hard time lending a sympathetic ear to ownership. they are wealthy with or without their teams and to squeeze every dime they can for themselves just tells me they are in the wrong line of work. bob kraft was a fan and wealthy man before he bought the team. he has turned this franchise into one of the best in any league- but to begrudge the players their due just strikes me as short sighted and a little bit greedy. so instead of xxx millions you only make yyy millions? for two games in what is already a long season?i'll be back , but i hope the players win this one.

It would be hard to take, but...

the strike didn't ruin baseball for me. Baseball was ruined by steroids, a complete farce of an owner, making the all-star game count, the most egregious salary structure in sports, and a laughable amount of disparity.

I'll be back, but I'll make a point of cutting my NFL-related spending at least in half. I'll watch the games, participate in forums, etc. etc., but I won't buy anything NFL-branded and I doubt I'll go to any games.

That's the best compromise that I've been able to come up with. I enjoy football and the Pats way too much to stop following them, but I also know that the only way to make your dissatisfaction known in a meaningful way (to the owners and PA) is with your wallet.

FWIW, I'm pretty solidly in support of the players in this standoff. The league has done an absolutely terrible job of protecting players, both current and retired, for years now. The standard dismissive response has always been "then the Players' Association should do something about it." This is the Players' Association doing something about it.

Last edited:
I'll watch again. I didn't stop watching the NHL after their lockout, so I'll gripe but then watch again when it's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back