PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the game was played 9 more times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamplay

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I'm reading all the post-game threads and this question surfaces: If this game was played 9 more times under identical circumstances (dome, flu, etc.), how many W's do the Pats take home?

Think before you answer...

I say the Pats would win 3 or 4 out of 10. We were just a few frustrating plays away last night, but these teams are both great. One key point about each team:

Pats: a lot of patchwork this season...expertly managed...but against an excellent team, those things get exposed.

Colts: The O matured, as someone said. But the BIG change was that Dungy finally got his small, fast D playing like the Tampa Bay team. I thought they'd get exploited in the playoffs. That they didn't is a scary thought for the future.

Bottom line: the Colts at the end of the season are a more complete and balanced team. The Pats has some holes to fill this off-season. My hats off to both teams.

I say none. The Pats would have never gone up 21-3 if played a million more times. If not for some spectacular plays by the secondary, the Colts would have gotten a big lead early. Make no mistake, Peyton was on target for most of the day, he just didn't convert it into points until the 2nd half.

I say none. The Pats would have never gone up 21-3 if played a million more times. If not for some spectacular plays by the secondary, the Colts would have gotten a big lead early. Make no mistake, Peyton was on target for most of the day, he just didn't convert it into points until the 2nd half.

None?

Well, the last time we played in the RCA dome, the Patriots went up by a similar score, and almost blew the game in the same way. The only difference is we had a healthy defense on the field at the end.

I couldnt agree more. I think that was the 1 in 10 chance that the pats would win that game. And they still didnt win. The play of Hobbs and Samuel early on, as well as the run defense in the first half were the keys, and the run defense needed to continue to be stout. When that did not happen, in combination with other things, lead to the demise of the team last night.

Peyton's frickin good.

Pats were simply outplayed.

They could have won if the luck had broken on their side, but... it didnt.

None?

Well, the last time we played in the RCA dome, the Patriots went up by a similar score, and almost blew the game in the same way. The only difference is we had a healthy defense on the field at the end.

The thing you miss is THIS TEAM never played in the RCA Dome before. That was another team and overall a better built team than the one we ultimately fielded this now past season.

None?

Ironic the reversal in score from that game. I knew even when up 21-3, the Colts would rally. The Pats were fortunate to even be up that much. I believe a closer game would have favored the Pats, though. The offense and defense would have been a little more focused rather than trying to sit on an 18 point lead.

Honest question, no trolling. Ask the same question about the Charger game the week before. It would be interesting to hear your answers.

pao

Honest question, no trolling. Ask the same question about the Charger game the week before. It would be interesting to hear your answers.

pao

I would say NE wins 5/10, because the lack of experience from the chargers squad will always be there...oh yeah and Marty and his dumb decisions.

It all depends on whether the coaches have knowledge from the previous game. If not, then I expect the Patriots to do well.

Also, we could adjust from that offensive formation we came out of.

I think the Pats beat Indy 6 times out of ten on a neutral field. I know what happened this year both times, and I simply don't see that it is likely to occur often. The Pats had a significant deficit in terms of health both games, and they had awful officiating in the first game. Even with those, they were in each game down to the last second. Anyway, that's how I'd describe it.

I think the Chargers beat the Pats 6-7 of 10 on a neutral field, by the way, so it's not just a question of the Pats being better than everyone in my mind.

It all depends on whether the coaches have knowledge from the previous game. If not, then I expect the Patriots to do well.

That would be cheating ;) -- no, the rules are everything is exactly the same right up to the opening kickoff. What, you never saw Groundhog Day? ;)

And I agree about the Pats winning 6-7 out of 10 against SD. That was an immature team that made some bonehead plays. They'll learn in time...or not!

Last edited:
The thing about this game to me was it just reminded me too much of the regular season game we played and lost. Too many weapons, not enough answers on defense or offense. Hopefully the FO recognizes these defiencies and address them this off-season.

I guess you didn't see the coors light commercial when Ditka said living in the past is for cowards.

I guess you didn't see the coors light commercial when Ditka said living in the past is for cowards.

Considering he's been living off 1985 for 20 years, that is hysterical!!!:eek:

Who writes your material?

If the game was played nine more times, Bruschi and Vrabel would be dead.

Good question. I think we beat the Colts 3-4 out of 10. Beat the Chargers 4-5 out of 10.

What I wanna know is, howcome the Colts scored 38 against us, but scored like 17 or 20 against some crappier teams. We weren't perfect, but the #2 defense in points allowed can't be THAT bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes