PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the draft were to play out this way ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevster

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Is it reasonable that the Pats could draft the following players at the spots where the Pats currently pick in the 2006 draft? I thought that these players would likely be available when the Pats were "on the clock".

Here are my thoughts.

1. Tye Hill - CB Clemson
2. Tatusi Lutui - OG U.S.C.
3. Jason Avant - WR Michigan
3. Kai Parham - LB - Virginia
4. Leon Washington - RB Florida State
4. S. Moss - WR Miami
5. Jarrad Page - SS UCLA
6. T.J. Williams - TE N.C. State
7. Anthony Schlegel - LB Ohio State

bevster said:
Is it reasonable that the Pats could draft the following players at the spots where the Pats currently pick in the 2006 draft? I thought that these players would likely be available when the Pats were "on the clock".

Here are my thoughts.

1. Tye Hill - CB Clemson
4. S. Moss - WR Miami
5. Jarrad Page - SS UCLA

Will never happen. After the Senior Bowl Moss might make it to round 1 or 2. Schlegel will be long gone before round 7. Maybe 3 or 4.

Last edited:
Aside from Moss and Schlegel, is it unrealistic?

Aside from moss and Schlegel, it is realistic, though #21 is way too early for Ty Hill. Other guys (Lutui and Avant) will probably be taken 5-10 picks ahead of the Pats. I like the guys you mentioned though.

I don't think it's unrealistic. I like it a lot. The only thing I see that needs changing is to flip Avant and Moss. I think Avant drops because he's not as fast as people think.
I absolutely love the Parham and Page picks.
I think Schlegel is a seventh rounder unless he blazes a fast 40 when he runs. Somebody wrote that the OSU OG Sims ran a faster 40 than Schlegel. Ouch!

Ochmed Jones said:
I think Schlegel is a seventh rounder unless he blazes a fast 40 when he runs. Somebody wrote that the OSU OG Sims ran a faster 40 than Schlegel. Ouch!
I agree completely. Everyone thinks Schlegel is this prototypical 3-4 ILB but look harder at his physical attributes and how they translate to the pros. He is dead slow, like I mean very slow. He also is just bulky, and fat, not the type of strong guy you'd think. He also isn't very strong either. I think someone will take a shot at him in the 5th or 6th, but c'mon, not the 3rd like I'm seeing in some mocks.

As for the original post, I doubt Hill will be there when we pick, as he runs anywhere from 4.27 to 4.33, which will shoot him up boards. I also think Lutui is overrated, and I'd much rather see someone ike Colledge, Whitworth, Joseph, or Setterstrom there. I'd like a WR somewhere in the 2nd-4th range, and I'm not even sure who yet, but for now I wouldn't be too upset with a guy like Avant. Parham is a 2nd rounder for now, and likely won't be there for our 3rd, but I'm not sure if I like him. He plays very upright. And there's no way Moss lasts til our 2nd, let alone 4th.

Last edited:
bevster said:

Here are my thoughts.

1. Tye Hill - CB Clemson
4. S. Moss - WR Miami
5. Jarrad Page - SS UCLA

Upon further review, Moss probably will not be available after the 2nd round. But I would still like the Pats to draft a KR/WR in the mid to late rounds. I would revise the draft as follows:

1. Tye Hill - CB Clemson
4. Mark Anderson - OLB Alabama
5. Jarrad Page - SS UCLA
7. Brandon Williams - WR/KR Wisconsin

Having said that, I would like the Pats to draft Schlegel late as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes