PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Bengals don't draft Gresham....

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at Patriots All Access, you see BB's face when the Gersham pick is announced. He certainly doesn't look like a guy who was holding his breath that it wasn't Gersham. It seems like he was ready to trade with Denver no matter what Cincinnati did.
Yeah, he didn't look happy but it didn't look like it changed his plans. My guess is he wasn't going to take Gresham but Gresham going was bad as it made it tougher/less likely to get Gronkowski.

I don't think Greshem was the top TE on our board, nor do I think that we had any intention of drafting a tight end in the first round, given that our choices were Grankowski and Hernandez. If Grank were drafted by Cinci, we simply would ahve waited for Hernandez, and chose another #3 TE. There were plenty available throughout the draft.

As we discussed for weeks the players that made sense were Odrick, Pouncey, Wilson and McCourty (we added Jackson as he moved up). There was a great disparity between talent available at these positions of need at 22 compared with the second round.

Pouncey would have been fine Mankins insurance and could have started at any of the interior line positions, as needed, this year or next.

That being said, as we entered the last week (and with the wr additions in the division), it became clear that the first round was the place to get a corner.

I don't know the source sited, but several of us expected us to draft Wilson, McCourty or Jackson. At least on poster picked McCourty.

You have to reveal his name and board if it's true. That's some serious info!
It is true (I'm guessing it's the same place I frequent), but there's no point in giving it more attention. No need for the source to dry up if it's suddenly a little too popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back