PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Tebow hits the trade market

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayjackson

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Anybody think there`d be much interest around the league.

I think ownership in Jacksonville would love the butts he could put in the seats there, and that power run, power D style would suit the Jags, but I`m not sure their GM is interested.

What about us? Think BB would like to have Tebow in the half-back/TE role? Would we flip Hoyer for him?

Not sure I could see anybody else having interest in him as a QB....plus the media circus that follows him.

I'd give a 4th for him to get him on the Pats to use as a fullback.

It's tough to answer the question without knowing Denver's compensation demands.

Anybody think there`d be much interest around the league.

I think ownership in Jacksonville would love the butts he could put in the seats there, and that power run, power D style would suit the Jags, but I`m not sure their GM is interested.

What about us? Think BB would like to have Tebow in the half-back/TE role? Would we flip Hoyer for him?

Not sure I could see anybody else having interest in him as a QB....plus the media circus that follows him.

Sign the beast! He can replace BJGE, Hoyer, and be the 3rd TE we need. Not to mention he could probably excel as the big time pass rusher we've looking for for years. :rocker:

I see the Manning thread has turned into a Tebow thread. Mods may feel free to merge if desirable.

Reading the subject title my immediate response was "no"

Then I read the post itself, and have to say yes there will be interest around the league but it will be limited. Jacksonville should consider him because as poor as Tebow's fundamentals are, Gabbert may be a worse QB. Tebow at least gives them a fighting chance.

As for the Patriots, no freaking way. Tebow has shown he can succeed as a starter so he'll need to continue starting in 2012. New England is not that place. It would also be a huge distraction given the Tebow media circus. No thanks.

I'd give a 4th for him to get him on the Pats to use as a fullback.

It wouldn't happen. Tebow would retire before becoming a FB. Even though he's poorly suited as a QB in the NFL.

Manning will never sign with Denver they dont have the WR's for Peyton to throw to and Fox is a run first Coach there RB is geting older and there star DB's are old, the best place for Manning out of the teams he will be talking to this week is the Fish they have a young defense a really good Oline and a big name WR

I hope he goes to Buffalo. Tebow would fit right in. He was born to be a Bill!

Manning will never sign with Denver they dont have the WR's for Peyton to throw to and Fox is a run first Coach there RB is geting older and there star DB's are old, the best place for Manning out of the teams he will be talking to this week is the Fish they have a young defense a really good Oline and a big name WR

Denver definitely has WR's for Peyton to throw to.

Then I read the post itself, and have to say yes there will be interest around the league but it will be limited. Jacksonville should consider him because as poor as Tebow's fundamentals are, Gabbert may be a worse QB. Tebow at least gives them a fighting chance.

As for the Patriots, no freaking way. Tebow has shown he can succeed as a starter so he'll need to continue starting in 2012. New England is not that place. It would also be a huge distraction given the Tebow media circus. No thanks.

Not sure he has shown he can remotely succeed as a starter, but he will want to continue to and we are not that place. Agree on the circus. Agree as well that the JAGS should be in it if only to put fannies in seats for a year or two while ascertaining if in fact Gabbert, who won't put fannies in seats, is worse.

The Pats would be interested. He's young, versatile and coachable. McDaniel drafted him. He could be a hybrid player and an situational interesting weapon.

don't we already have a team chaplain?

The Pats would be interested. He's young, versatile and coachable. McDaniel drafted him. He could be a hybrid player and an situational interesting weapon.

I'm not in the hate Tebow or Tebow is a poor excuse for a player crowd, however the Pats are not stupid enough to urinate away draft pick(s) for a player where they have no serious need. Fix OLB, safety, DE, DL backup for Wilfy, center of the future, wide receiver. Don't go after a gimmick player which is what he'd be with the Pats.

"Pats would be interested" NFW! A really stupid idea.

It's tough to answer the question without knowing Denver's compensation demands.

I'm guessing buying a round in the hotel bar after the owners meeting should cover it.

I'm not in the hate Tebow or Tebow is a poor excuse for a player crowd, however the Pats are not stupid enough to urinate away draft pick(s) for a player where they have no serious need. Fix OLB, safety, DE, DL backup for Wilfy, center of the future, wide receiver. Don't go after a gimmick player which is what he'd be with the Pats.

If he is released I could see it. Bring him in and see if he can carve out a role. But they aren't trading for him.

In what world would anyone bring in Tebow as a starter?

Gimmick player? I suppose that's one way to look at it. Another way would be to say that he'd be a long-term project with more potential than either Hoyer or Mallett, is less than a year older than Mallett, and has already shown the ability to win games in the NFL.

I don't hate Tebow or think he's a "poor excuse for a player," I think he's a really good kid and a winner as a football player. He loves the game and busts his ass, however i don't think he has a long term career as a QB in the NFL. He simply doesn't have the accuracy to be an NFL QB and despite all his efforts to really improve in that area he hasn't shown much if any progress. I think he could be a pro bowl caliber H-Back who could flip to Wildcat QB in certain sets, but i wouldn't want him as a starter.

I think Elway is desperate to get Manning because he instantly gives them a shot to come out of the AFC, but also because he resolves their Tebow issue, as I really believe Elway doesn't want him as their starter for the future but is going to get ripped by Bronco fans if he moves on from him for less than a franchise QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back