PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Tags retires...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarMan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Arguably, he should be remembered as the best commissioner of any sport at any time. This deal that he brokered between the owners is the crowning jewel of his career.

agreed he is the best commish of all sports, Stern is a close second, but the dummy let leauge became too much hip hop, and he had a lockout, Tags will go down as the only comish never to have a work stopage

I thought he should have been voted to the Hall of Fame.

The guy is a champion for the small-market teams.

Teams like the Saints, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh ... owe him a good deal.

I think the jury is out on Tags legacy until we see the ramafications of this deal, not just now but years from now. The league is currently "asking" the union for an extension on FA to at least Friday but preferably next week. The operative word here is asking.

Apparently none of the 30 owners who voted yay are dancing in the streets. This is a very expensive deal and it has put the union in the drivers seat going forward. They now make more money off this league that it's owners do, and could be more difficult to deal with four years from now when it's time to negotiate the next six year deal two years early.

he is def a big reason the nfl is where it is today

MoLewisrocks said:
I think the jury is out on Tags legacy until we see the ramafications of this deal, not just now but years from now. The league is currently "asking" the union for an extension on FA to at least Friday but preferably next week. The operative word here is asking.

Apparently none of the 30 owners who voted yay are dancing in the streets. This is a very expensive deal and it has put the union in the drivers seat going forward. They now make more money off this league that it's owners do, and could be more difficult to deal with four years from now when it's time to negotiate the next six year deal two years early.

Based on the amount of money everyone is going to make thanks to some of the TV deals Tags has overseen, nobody is going to lose money. Some of the owners are upset because they are only going to make 175 million instead of 225 million

mikey said:
I thought he should have been voted to the Hall of Fame.

The guy is a champion for the small-market teams.

Teams like the Saints, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh ... owe him a good deal.

Apparently Buffalo and Cinci did not agree withyour premise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back