PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Steelers win the Super Bowl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whopp ti dooo, who cares ,we are not in it.. Go Seattle

bball831 said:
it will be the greatest accomplishment in a single postseason in NFL History. A 6-seed beating two #1 seeds, a #2 seed, and a #3 seed all on the road except for the Super Bowl. I have to say that is just amazing. Three straight wins on the road and all pretty impressive wins. Anyone disagree?

INTERLEAGUE BOARD

bball831 said:
it will be the greatest accomplishment in a single postseason in NFL History. A 6-seed beating two #1 seeds, a #2 seed, and a #3 seed all on the road except for the Super Bowl. I have to say that is just amazing. Three straight wins on the road and all pretty impressive wins. Anyone disagree?

If you look at it strictly by seed number, then yes absolutely, I agree with you.

But if you look at it in a more analog sort of way, the Steelers managed to dodge their biggest threat, the Three-Time World Champion New England Patriots.

While the Patriots didn't post one of the league's best records this year, they were playing their best ball late in the year.

So while a Steelers win in Super Bowl XL would give them victories over all the team's that compiled the best regular season records in 2005, it's got to be at least a little bit disappointing that they didn't get the opportunity to beat the league's best team.

They say to be the best you've got to beat the best. Neither Super Bowl participant will be able to say that.

In other words, there'll still be unfinished business.

This requires assumption of a fact not in evidence.

Last edited:
PYPER said:
If you look at it strictly by seed number, then yes absolutely, I agree with you.

But if you look at it in a more analog sort of way, the Steelers managed to dodge their biggest threat, the Three-Time World Champion New England Patriots.

While the Patriots didn't post one of the league's best records this year, they were playing their best ball late in the year.

So while a Steelers win in Super Bowl XL would give them victories over all the team's that compiled the best regular season records in 2005, it's got to be at least a little bit disappointing that they didn't get the opportunity to beat the league's best team.

They say to be the best you've got to beat the best. Neither Super Bowl participant will be able to say that.

In other words, there'll still be unfinished business.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

stinkypete said:
Not to taint our legacy, but can we stop referring the weather at the tuck rule game a "blizzard?" If my memory serves me right, about 4-5 inches of snow fell fell that night. It was a standard, slow things down for a day New England snowstorm. The Miami game in '03 was much closer to a blizzard.

You're right, technically it wasn't a blizzard. But I disagree :) Here's how I'd characterize it:

The '01 Divisional Playoff game vs Oakland was played in blizzard-like conditions. 4-5 inches fell during game time, the field was affected significantly. Winds were moderate.

The '03 regular season game vs Miami was played post-blizzard. The snow totals we greater, but the storm had let up before game time. The stadium seats were affected more than the field!

dante828 said:
I'd also like to add that the Steelers had a lot of injuries this year, hell they had Tommy Maddox back there for a few games. This team was much better then a sixth seed, could have competed for a number 1 or 2 had they been healthy (just like the 4th seed). The two best teams were the Steelers and the Pats, both were lower seeds because of injuries and injuries alone. Unfortunately the Pats dropped the ball, quite literally. Otherwise the Steelers road would have been much more difficult. As it is, the Steelers run is still impressive, but it is quite clear that the Steelers were much better then the teams that they beat, its not so shocking or amazing that they won.

If Carson Palmer wasn't taken out, I don't think they make it past Game 1.

It would be a remarkable achievement - but the Jerome Bettis love-fest is over shadowing this possibility and it is making me really dislike Pitt (more than I actualy do). Go Seattle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes