PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If something isn't done to improve officiating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
...I will have to give up on the NFL.

From the play-offs to the Stuporbowl just ridiculous. And embarrassing for us to be fans of something that is becoming meaningless by joke, no accountability, awful officiating.

As fans we need a league wide uprising. Flood league offices with emails about how horrible it has been and how unhappy we are.

What a Snow job from start to finish that was, the reffing was horrible in the entire playoffs and in the Superbowl the horrible reffing took center stage.

Guy: Hey Heinz Ward! Your team's just been handed a superbowl by the NFL's marketing department! What are you going to do now?

Heinz Ward: I'm going to Disneyworld with the head of the marketing department, Vince McMahon!!!!!

If the NFL doesn' fix this garbage I'll never watch it again, what a total joke.

The sad thing is all the Steeler fans out there will think they actually won it on merit.

I honestly can't take another postseason of this. If we see the same type of spit next year, I may just walk away from the league.

the refs are litteraly not this bad in college ball...

This was a black eye to the NFL tonight. They best take heed,just because your sport is #1 in the United States tonight, doesn't mean it will be tomorrow. Their are alot of pissed off fans out there right now. Nuetral fans who give a flying hoot who wins,but discusted all the same by the horrid officiating on the biggest stage of it's sport. They need to get better.

Btw,had we played one of these teams tonight I don't think the officiating would of been in question,they could of blown 3 or 4 calls and we still would of won by 21 or so.

The Pi Call On Seattles First Td, The Phantom Holding Call , Im Surprised The Hassleback Fumble Was Reversed, But Hey The Stillers Got A Gift From The Nfl... A Paper Championship...

Michael said:

From the play-offs to the Stuporbowl just ridiculous. And embarrassing for us to be fans of something that is becoming meaningless by joke, no accountability, awful officiating.

But, who cares about an actual competitive game based on what the players on the field do? There was a STORY here... Bettis' homecoming, in front of his family, his hometown, in his last game befoer retirement... I mean, how could you NOT expect teh Stealers to win?

The touching story is more important than the actual game. Welcome to the new NFL. :mad:

XL Feb. 5, 2006 Pittsburgh 21, Seattle 10[size=+4]*[/size]

I think that sums it up .....

Na_polian said:
But, who cares about an actual competitive game based on what the players on the field do? There was a STORY here... Bettis' homecoming, in front of his family, his hometown, in his last game befoer retirement... I mean, how could you NOT expect teh Stealers to win?

The touching story is more important than the actual game. Welcome to the new NFL. :mad:
Oh, don't forget Jerome's parents...who come to every game because he asked them to! My heart is warmed just thinking about it![/end puking]

Bella*chick said:
Oh, don't forget Jerome's parents...who come to every game because he asked them to! My heart is warmed just thinking about it![/end puking]

:enranged:

I'm very close to just saying screw the NFL... Something needs to be done. The biggest REAL NON-MANUFACTURED storyline of the post-season has been the officiating. It's a black eye for the league...

well

What is truly sad is the fact that anyone tuning in tonight who is not a die'hard fan already--will probably never want to watch a game again because it appears fixed. I swear i thought i saw "hulk hogan" waving a terrible towel while getting ready to throw a leg drop!

Last edited:
If this bullsh!t continues...I am out as well. This has to end. Who do we contact to let this be VERY WELL KNOWN TO THE HEADS OF THE NFL????

Please someone look this up.

This travesty has to end before the NFL is DONE.

We have to do this.

Phuq it...I'm going to look myself...

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
If this bullsh!t continues...I am out as well. This has to end. Who do we contact to let this be VERY WELL KNOWN TO THE HEADS OF THE NFL????

Please someone look this up.

This travesty has to end before the NFL is DONE.

We have to do this.

Phuq it...I'm going to look myself...

The NFL has no competition. The only way this ever changes is if Polian starts complaining. But he won't, since the Colts are the primary beneficiary of NFL bias.

I'm not sure if my feelings are biased because I'm a Pats fan but the officiating was horrible in this game, the Steelers-Indy game and our game. It's really making me take a step back and re-evaluate being a fan of the game. Very disappointing...

Michael said:

A random emailer to PFT is ready to walk out too...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Here's [an e-mail] we found to be particularly compelling:

---------------------------------------------

I don't know who else I can vent on, so you're getting it. I apologize, but I don't know who else. I seriously don't. So here goes:

This Super Bowl was it. I'm done now. I'm through watching football. I've had it.

This was the worst officiated professional game I have ever watched -- the most one-sided, I mean. And it happened on the biggest game of the year. The two teams did not determine the winner of that game today; the referees did.

So I'm through. I quit on the NFL. Screw them. If that's the best they can do, I quit.

I've got other hobbies I can pursue.

Look, I am not a Seahawks fan. I was not a fan of either team.

But sonuva*****-------Roethlisberger's PHANTOM TOUCHDOWN???? That was the hugest phantom touchdown I have seen since Vinny Testaverde pulled one of those off.

And when Hasselbeck connected with TE Jerramy Stevens to the one yard line late in the third quarter, those ******* zebras throw a holding flag -- and it was one of those borderline holding calls that could literally BE CALLED ON ALMOST EVERY DAMN PASSING PLAY.

Look, I came to watch a game, a game between football players. I didn't come to watch a crew of striped-shirted old men determine the outcome of a game.

F those guys. I'm out. The hell with football. I no longer trust it.

There was no 2005 champion. If the Steelers had won it, I'd say so. But the zebras won it, for 60 consecutive minutes. Again, I am not a Seahawks fan. I just care about the integrity of the game. I feel sick. I'm out. Maybe for good. The hell with it.

---------------------------------------------

Bella*chick said:

And don't forget the walking tour of Detroit with Bettis during the pre-game show. (more puking)

WWFNFL. I don't have much to add here. The outcome of this game was decided by the refs, period. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back