PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IF Rottenburger (and Pitt) Win.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
the Super Bowl (gawd forbid).......would he become the YOUNGEST QB to win the SB (and dethrone Tom?)........Because they are going......and somehow I see any AFC team beating the NFC this year in XL........thanks

stcjones said:
the Super Bowl (gawd forbid).......would he become the YOUNGEST QB to win the SB (and dethrone Tom?)........Because they are going......and somehow I see any AFC team beating the NFC this year in XL........thanks

Wasn't Brady 24 in 2001? Or 23 going on 24.

Last edited:
stcjones said:

Yes.

We have to acknowledge that Ben has come a long way.

The only consolation for Tom is that is the 199th player chosen while Ben is the 11th.

I do not root for the NFC in the Super Bowl. The AFC is much better, and always want the AFC to win.

Personally, I wanted PITT and NE to fight it out for the right to beat up on the NFC. We did last year when then were 15-1 and we beat them in the conference championship. They are as good this year. It is sad that we were not up to the task, ending our season in self-destruction, with our coach taking the team is disarray over to the sidelines, and with a team that gave up five turnovers. Injuries made a big difference in NE not being 15-1. Our team did very well to survive til the playoffs. However we have no excuse for the performance against DEN last week.

We need to look to the 2006 playoffs and improve our team with the changes needed to make a difference, so that next year we can compete with the excellent team that destroyed INDY and is destroying the pathetic DEN team.

stcjones said:

Brady was 24 years, and exactly 6 months old (8/3/1977) in Super Bowl XXXVI (2/3/2002).

Roethlisberger will be 23 years, 11 months and 3 days old (3/2/1982) in Super Bowl XL (2/5/2006).

Well you can't help when you were born so who cares? Especially when you're talking months.

More important--and telling, I think--would be this stat:

Career starts, up to first SB win:

Tom Brady: 15
Ben Roethlisberger: 33

Yeh, but Cowher almost let Denver come back, Denver just couldn't sustain the same level of patience two weeks in a row and NEM aside, the officiating crew is doing a fair job.

Big Ben is a gamer and a class act. If he does, more power to him! And I wish him the best!

As long as Havier Lopez is in Cancoon watching the Bowl, I am all smiles!

stcjones said:

I don't see it. Winner of NFC game will win the SB. I predict Carolina over Pittsburgh, which is what I have been saying since last weekend.

But if Big Ben were to win, yes, he would be the youngest to win.

Bob G

ctpatsfan77 said:
More important--and telling, I think--would be this stat:

Career starts, up to first SB win:

Tom Brady: 15
Ben Roethlisberger: 33

Definitely

Ben will be the youngest QB to ever start a Super Bowl, and thus would be the youngest QB to win a Super Bowl if the Steelers win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes