PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Reese leaves and Caserio coaches, who's the de facto GM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So, Floyd Reese appears all but gone, and Caserio is rumored for OC. Even if Caserio stays in the front office, won't we be short some brainpower in that area? I know BB has final say, but don't we need someone with credentials/experience working personnel and contracts? Who's next in line? Anyone know?

So, Floyd Reese appears all but gone, and Caserio is rumored for OC. Even if Caserio stays in the front office, won't we be short some brainpower in that area? I know BB has final say, but don't we need someone with credentials/experience working personnel and contracts? Who's next in line? Anyone know?

Belichick must respect Reese's opinion otherwise he wouldn't have brought him in last year. Why he is potentially letting Reese walk is baffeling to me.

Belichick must respect Reese's opinion otherwise he wouldn't have brought him in last year. Why he is potentially letting Reese walk is baffeling to me.
Belichick is the GM, though not in title. What he says goes, although he takes input seriously. If someone wants to be a GM and have actual decision making power they will go elsewhere as Reese may get the chance to do.

Caserio isn't actually rumored to be the OC. Bert Breer speculated that he might be. That is different than a rumor.

As I said in another thread, I would like to see George Kokinis in this organization if either thing happens.

Speculation - maybe there's some friction between Caserio and Reese that would be eliminated if Caserio were redeployed to Non-GM related tasks like OC.

Belichick is the GM, though not in title. What he says goes, although he takes input seriously. If someone wants to be a GM and have actual decision making power they will go elsewhere as Reese may get the chance to do.

I'm not sure Reese is getting decision making power if he goes to Seattle.

I did understand the situation, but because you framed it the way you did maybe Reese would like the title and power of the gm position. Something hes not going to get here. I think it would be easier to get an OC than replace Cassario at this point.

I'm not sure Reese is getting decision making power if he goes to Seattle.
Whatever he gets, it will very likely be more than he has here. Belichick runs it with helpers. Reese would move up from being a helper to at least partial running of it.

I think the obvious choice has to be Mayoclinic. Who's left?:confused2:

Agreed.

This idea of Reese or Casserio giving orders to Bellichick is pretty farfetched.

Belick was, is, and will be the "de facto GM."

I'd like mayoclinic in charge of our drafting.

Why would Reese go to Seattle, where he does not have the ability to pick the coach and has to share personnel decisions with a coach that someone else hired?

Is that situation so much better than working with BB?

Anyone but Belichick. Can't give one person too much power. He needs to have someone who will disagree with him.

Very flattering. :p

I think keeping Reese would be a good move, and if he leaves I'm not sure moving Caserio to OC is a good idea. But I like Rob0729's suggestion of George Kokinis for the FO. Solid personnel man, knows the 3-4. Was made the fall guy in Cleveland unfairly. Good idea.

Does anyone think that BB might be able to bring Mike Lombardi in as GM? They obviously have a relationship and Lombardi respects the Pats tremendously. He's a very astute guy. Not sure he'd want to give up the cushy life as a TV analyst and columnist, though.

Does anyone think that BB might be able to bring Mike Lombardi in as GM? They obviously have a relationship and Lombardi respects the Pats tremendously. He's a very astute guy. Not sure he'd want to give up the cushy life as a TV analyst and columnist, though.

The way Lombardi writes his columns, especially Sunday at the Post (with all those quotes and anecdotes that go on forever), makes me think he is itching to get back into the game. Not sure BB would take him back though.

I'd be buying a new TV. :(

Make it a HDTV so you can see the names and numbers. That's something I rue not doing. It's on my list of things to do before this fall, along with a DVR.

I know BB has final say, but don't we need someone with credentials/experience working personnel and contracts? Who's next in line? Anyone know?

I think Miguel should be working for the Patriots front office.;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes