PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If possible, would you give a second rounder and a CB for Adam Carriker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Carriker was injured in 2009 but is supposed to be ready in 2010. The Rams need more than just a DT but if they go Suh, Carriker could be dangled. They also need some CB help.

This is just a thought so don't blow me up on this.

Not big numbers his first two years (he started all games as a rookie and it was not that bad. Was nicked in 2008) but off the board possibilities here.

If I knew his health at 100% I would swap #22 for a proven commodity rather than a gamble and perhaps a wait of a year or two for development. He would be a DE here.

I don't think an offer of just a second rounder springs him from the Rams but if we add a CB (Wilhite?) and our mid-second, would you do it?

It fills a big hole where Seymour left and we get a 25 year old kid with plenty of talent. Here was his measurables:

Pre-draft measureables
Ht Wt 40-yard 10-yd 20-yd split 20 ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP Wonderlic
6-6 * 297 lb *4.72 **1.58 ** 2.70 **4.18*7.06 *33½ in. *9'02" *33* 28 *

(* represents NFL Combine; **represents Nebraska Pro Day- March 7, 2007)

* Bench press: 440 lbs
* Squat: 600 lbs
* Power clean: 370 lbs

Trolling the Chargers site, they were talking about what a great job the Pats do by swapping a higher to mid draft pick for a proven front line player and keeping him until he was no longer serviceable in our system. They want to know why A.J. Smith does do that....funny.

They say the Rams should take their first rounder #28 and Cromartie for Carriker.

DW Toys

Carriker was injured in 2009 but is supposed to be ready in 2010. The Rams need more than just a DT but if they go Suh, Carriker could be dangled. They also need some CB help.

This is just a thought so don't blow me up on this.

Not big numbers his first two years (he started all games as a rookie and it was not that bad. Was nicked in 2008) but off the board possibilities here.

If I knew his health at 100% I would swap #22 for a proven commodity rather than a gamble and perhaps a wait of a year or two for development. He would be a DE here.

I don't think an offer of just a second rounder springs him from the Rams but if we add a CB (Wilhite?) and our mid-second, would you do it?

It fills a big hole where Seymour left and we get a 25 year old kid with plenty of talent. Here was his measurables:

Pre-draft measureables
Ht Wt 40-yard 10-yd 20-yd split 20 ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP Wonderlic
6-6 * 297 lb *4.72 **1.58 ** 2.70 **4.18*7.06 *33½ in. *9'02" *33* 28 *

(* represents NFL Combine; **represents Nebraska Pro Day- March 7, 2007)

* Bench press: 440 lbs
* Squat: 600 lbs
* Power clean: 370 lbs

Trolling the Chargers site, they were talking about what a great job the Pats do by swapping a higher to mid draft pick for a proven front line player and keeping him until he was no longer serviceable in our system. They want to know why A.J. Smith does do that....funny.

They say the Rams should take their first rounder #28 and Cromartie for Carriker.

DW Toys

Carriker has done nothing in this league on an absolutely terrible team and is still essentially a prospect. The idea of exchanging a 2nd for him is absurd. The idea of exchanging a 2nd and a CB is lunacy.

What has Carriker done to warrant a second round pick?....Put down the Beer or bag you have in your hand

Even for the offseason this thread is inane.

*One Star*

Maybe we could trade Laurence Maroney and James Sanders for him?

I'd rather keep jarvis green

carriker isn't even as good as mike wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes