PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Pats win vs. Jags, do Pats rest Brady vs. Texans?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do Pats rest Brady against Texans?

• Yes, Brady and most starters don't play

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Yes, but only Brady (ribs, finger) sits

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • No, Brady plays one series then sits

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • No, Brady plays a full game unless blowout

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a contrarian on this.

We can't and don't know the true physical condition of Brady or any of the other guys beyond what Belichick tells us, which is to say that we don't know much. So, if BB thinks anyone is banged up to the point of truly needing the week off, that would be good enough for me. Otherwise, I don't think I know enough to say and all I'd be doing is speculating.

Beyond that, assuming we can build off of the Buffalo game and get some momentum vs. Jacksonville (ideally reminiscent of what the Giants, who probably won't make the Playoffs, did to the Redskins last week), I'd rather see the starters build on a Jacksonville W for at least a full half of the Houston game, if not longer.

Let's face it, this has been an "up and down" season at best, with little consistency on either side of the ball and certainly nothing resembling a juggernaut offensively or defensively coming into the final weeks of the season. I think we'll have a much better chance in the playoffs if we can come into them "on a roll," even if it's just a two game roll.

Eh, the Texans have a good defense. I can't see Hoyer beating them (since their D will ultimately force him to beat them by stopping the running game).

Their game-planning leaves much to be desired for. Some of the games they've planned for this year has made for some serious head-scratching. I really don't see how they game plan against us effectively.

Obviously this assumes that the Pats win against the Jaguars, but if they do, they will clinch their division. Will they then play for the #3 seed and an 11-5 record, or will they rest their starters and probably settle for a #4 seed?

I really think PATs would want the #4 seed and get setup to play the colts
assuming they win their wild card game.
Let SD battle with Cincy.
but
Cincy might want that 4th seed as well. If Cincy wins this week
they can lose the last week and still win their division over Ravens
because of their better division record.

In this case say both PATs and Cincy are 10 and 5.
The tie breaker would go to ...... Pats I think because, conference wins
would be same but common opponent may be the same also
depending how they count playing same team twice.
It could come down to strength of victory and PATs would win 3rd seed here I believe.

This reminds me of the New Years day game a few years ago versus the Dolphins (the dropkick game, my first game live). It might depend on who BB knows he will face as either #3 or #4

I really think PATs would want the #4 seed and get setup to play the colts
assuming they win their wild card game.
Let SD battle with Cincy.
but
Cincy might want that 4th seed as well. If Cincy wins this week
they can lose the last week and still win their division over Ravens
because of their better division record.

In this case say both PATs and Cincy are 10 and 5.
The tie breaker would go to ...... Pats I think because, conference wins
would be same but common opponent may be the same also
depending how they count playing same team twice.
It could come down to strength of victory and PATs would win 3rd seed here I believe.

I don't necessary disagree with you. I think the Pats proved that they can beat the Colts in Indy and that the players truly feel that way. They want a shot at revenge.

Ask Colts fans how resting their starters worked out for them. This is football, play the game!

Last edited:
Their game-planning leaves much to be desired for. Some of the games they've planned for this year has made for some serious head-scratching. I really don't see how they game plan against us effectively.

To be fair, a ****** could gameplan to drop another guy in the box, stop the run game, and force a rookie quarterback (probably playing without his best options) to beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back