PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IF Pats win SB: Boston major sports teams 2 1/2 -1 1/2 v. New York sports all-time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: IF Pats win SB: Boston major sports teams 2 1/2 -1 1/2 v. New York sports all-tim

Celts will never beat the Western Conference Champs. I am sure you were a die hard Celtics fan. I actually am. My dad used to work for the organization in the 80's as a scout.
The Pats still have to win.

& the Gmen will have to pull off the upset of a lifetime = not going to happen! Even brady on 1 foot will easily defeat the cinderalla team from a weak NFC.

Talk about bandwagoners = your father works for a Boston team & u become a diehard fan? Sounds like a typical Yankee bandwagon fan who jumps on when their winning (which is what the C's did in the 80's). All i do is stick with local teams i wnet to see in the 70's growing up in Boston.. oh well, i can't blame u being a fan of Larry Legend & the C's - made me like basketball almost as much as my passion for hockey!

Re: IF Pats win SB: Boston major sports teams 2 1/2 -1 1/2 v. New York sports all-tim

That sentence does not make sense. Oh by the way, it's "aucun d'espace."

How deflating. I thought the old girl was only a dope when she used English.

That sentence does not make sense. Oh by the way, it's "aucun d'espace."

I don't speak French. It was a joke. I said that as a joke last time because I was given a hard time over a typo.

& the Gmen will have to pull off the upset of a lifetime = not going to happen! Even brady on 1 foot will easily defeat the cinderalla team from a weak NFC.

Talk about bandwagoners = your father works for a Boston team & u become a diehard fan? Sounds like a typical Yankee bandwagon fan who jumps on when their winning (which is what the C's did in the 80's). All i do is stick with local teams i wnet to see in the 70's growing up in Boston.. oh well, i can't blame u being a fan of Larry Legend & the C's - made me like basketball almost as much as my passion for hockey!

It was tough when he got the job because growing up I loved Willis Reed and Bill Bradley. I was an avid Knick fan in the 70's. Blood is thicker than fan allegiance. My dad landed a job with the C's in the 80's and we decided to support the team he was employed by. He died 2 years ago, but I still cheer for the green. It has been rough the past few years... that is until this year.

Last edited:

I don't speak French. It was a joke. I said that as a joke last time because I was given a hard time over a typo.
T'inquietes. Ne t'inquietes pas (to be grammatically correct.) :p

The Giants play closer to NY than the Pats due to Boston... Don't have to wipe the results off... they play in Metropolitan NY. The Islanders are a NY team whether you like it or not. Don't be jealous because NY is a better sports town that can support many teams. When you listen to sports radio in NY you get a more national perspective. In Boston it is homerism. Boston is small time in everything compared to NY. It is no comparison. I am talking beyond sports. Sports in NY is not everything like it is in Boston. That is all Boston has.
Why? Why? Why? Why do people point out that the Pats play away from Boston. Noone ever claimed that they play in Boston. They are the "New England" Patriots, not the "Boston" Patriots. Also, Boston has a lot more than you think. It just doesn't have that brown haze that hangs over New York.

Why? Why? Why? Why do people point out that the Pats play away from Boston. Noone ever claimed that they play in Boston. They are the "New England" Patriots, not the "Boston" Patriots. Also, Boston has a lot more than you think. It just doesn't have that brown haze that hangs over New York.

The same reason why people point out that the Giants aren't a New York team. They Giants are. They play 6 miles from the city. There was a lot of land in NJ so they built the stadium in NJ.

The same reason why people point out that the Giants aren't a New York team. They Giants are. They play 6 miles from the city. There was a lot of land in NJ so they built the stadium in NJ.
When the Pats moved from Boston they were renamed the New England Patriots. Rightfully, the Giants should be named the New Jersey Giants. They are the biggest joke in the NFL.

It was tough when he got the job because growing up I loved Willis Reed and Bill Bradley. I was an avid Knick fan in the 70's. Blood is thicker than fan allegiance. My dad landed a job with the C's in the 80's and we decided to support the team he was employed by. He died 2 years ago, but I still cheer for the green. It has been rough the past few years... that is until this year.

Must of have been fun for your dad & yourself back then seeing a legendary team back in the 80's - there was nothing like a home advantage as a non-air conditioned, parquet Boston Gahden floor! Teams hated coming into that building...did u sit on the floor for games? U have to admit there was NOTHING like a Gahden crowd in those days (more so for the Broons - brutal fan fights in those days)...

What the hell are you all bickering over? Grammar?! Seriously?!!

Must of have been fun for your dad & yourself back then seeing a legendary team back in the 80's - there was nothing like a home advantage as a non-air conditioned, parquet Boston Gahden floor! Teams hated coming into that building...did u sit on the floor for games? U have to admit there was NOTHING like a Gahden crowd in those days (more so for the Broons - brutal fan fights in those days)...

I remember going to Detroit in 88 and losing the series to the Pistons. It was hard to deal with. My dad wanted revenge on the Lakers for 87.

can't we all just get along?

The Patriots won more regular season games this season than the Giants and Jets combined.

The Patriots won more regular season games this season than the Giants and Jets combined.

Isn't that funny, that going 16-0 got the Pats to the same place as the Giants who only went 10-6. What a waste of effort to win 6 extra games that aren't needed. You only needed to win 8 to win that stellar division of yours. The Pats should have saved their energy, since they can "turn it on" anytime they want.
Seriously:
Hey, the only record that counts is the one on Super Bowl Sunday. It will be a fun game and it is only a game to us fans. Don't get so angry over it. The Giants should be respected as an opponent. Stop all this arrogance and stop looking for bulletin board material, that isn't there. The Giants believe they can win. If they didn't, they shouldn't show up. Just enjoy that your team is in a great place right now. This kind of stuff doesn't last forever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye