Welcome to PatsFans.com

If Obama wins

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Born_a_Patriot, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Born_a_Patriot

Born_a_Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

If Obama wins

This will be a great day not just for African Americans and minorities but for all Americans. A day when the greatest Nation in the world finally fulfills its promise, that all people are created equal.

I would say that though we may still have a long way to go, we are closer than ever to the Mountain Top.

Martin Luther King Jr - I Have a Dream
    YouTube - Martin Luther King Jr - I Have a Dream

Martin Luther King, Jr.'s last speech
    YouTube - Martin Luther King, Jr.'s last speech

JFK on Civil Rights
    YouTube - JFK on Civil Rights
  2. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I, for one, agree. Whether you are for him winning or not. I think we should all realize what an unbelievably historic event this would be for this country, something none of us could have imagined in our childhoods.

I just hope next tuesday if it does appear Obama is going to win, that people take the magnitude of it in.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Lets not forget the 'getting GWB out' angle. That's worthy of a world-wide party all by itself.
  4. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Unfortunately he has nothing to do with any of those men. And has much to do with this man and other racist, bigot, anti-Americans.

YouTube - 20 years of America-hating destroyed Obama's soul - 20 YEARS
    • Like Like x 1
  5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +328 / 6 / -8

What I like most about how this came about -- and we're touching on it elsewhere -- is that there's mention of it being historic, sure, but the campaign (at least from Obama's side) has been about anything but race. It's all the more stunning because it seems like we're not voting to "fix" our race problem, it's more like to get past it, to just say, we don't have to do that. And may the best candidate win.

And it does look right now that that's exactly what will happen.

One week.

PFnV
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

The only good thing is maybe people will STFU about race. I don't give a crap what color he is, I don't know why the Dems are so fixated on it.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

The Dems are fixated on Race because they love to accuse everybody that doesn't tow the line with them of Racism.

Playing the "Race Card" is one of liberalsims favorite weapons, they hide under tables listening to people talk hoping to pick up one small word that they can use to come charging out screaming "racism" it also makes them so proud of themselves, oh boy, aren't I good, I will go to heaven, blah blah blah.

90% of the time it will be a bellowing blubbering democrat who starts the "race sh!t" they love it.
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

Nice post BAP! I've said right from the start that America is growing old and tired as a nation. We've forgotten what the true American spirit is all about and you hit the nail on the head, it's about hopes & dreams, equality and unity.

If Obama wins, it is a day for all Americans to celebrate that America has held her promise. We should all celebrate that we have crossed a milestone in our pursuit of equality. Why would any American of any race NOT want to show our support for our black brothers & sisters? My God, from a historical perspective, black Americans as a people at least deserve that.
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +187 / 7 / -23

Gotta be careful he will give you extra negative rep points..

OTOH and to the real issue, do not believe that Obama will get elected.. there will be every effort to derail him this week, and do not believe that all these white folk who now support him will go behind the curtain and pull the Obama lever.. it he is elected he will never make it to his inaugaration.. America is not ready for a black president.
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

America is ready... It's just the fringe cracker-ish 1% who aren't ready....

He'll get elected...
    • Like Like x 1
  12. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I hope you are right...and not right. I hope he does not get elected. However, I hope and pray that he will not be "taken out". That would be horrible for this country. Also consider how hated Bush is. If they can keep him safe, I'm pretty sure Obama can be kept safe as well.

I'm just glad this is almost over. It's been a horrible election season. I personally don't like either candidate.
  13. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +328 / 6 / -8

I'm looking forward to election night too... truthfully, election season just p****es me off these days...

But hey, that's democracy, I reckon
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

And then afterwards they'll all come together and say nice things. It reminds me of those old Warner Brothers cartoons with the Wolf and the sheepdog when they are all friendly like "Hi Ralph" "Him Sam" and then they punch in their time card and start trying to kill each other.

We get all worked up about it and they all go on.
  15. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +224 / 18 / -37

#50 Jersey

What about if McCain wins and we have a woman VP? You don't think that brings up closer to the top? Women have been discriminated against just as much as blacks.

Sorry, but I could care less what color a person's skin is. When I was doing hiring for the start-up company I worked for, I hired people who could do the job. It didn't matter what skin color they were.
  16. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +224 / 18 / -37

#50 Jersey

Doesn't it suck when you prove that he's right by contradicting yourself? You responded to him. And his response was not a thread detour. That's just BS you try to throw up to avoid the truth.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

"Women have been discriminated against just as much as blacks"??WTF:confused:

You don't have a clue, huh dabruinz? When was the last woman lynched? When was the last time a woman had to go to the back of the bus?

Don't get me wrong, women certainly have been discriminated against by all men of all colors...but not "just as much as blacks" We need to make that very clear.

Lastly, it would be great to have a woman as POTUS or VP. But NOT Palin. She's just to stupid and worried about her own career which I guess "she" believes is promising:rolleyes:
  18. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +328 / 6 / -8

That one's apples and oranges. I can't even say "just as much" because these are totally different questions...

Economically, men can be compared with women or whites compared to blacks. Someone barking up this tree can do the math on equal work/equal pay stats. It's significant, and it's directly comparable.

However as PR points to, socially it's a mixed bag from the point of view of women. Some consider a certain kind of attention wonderful, and some claim it is a form of oppression, for example.

You really want to compare violence against Blacks for being Black, vs. violence against women for being women? God, how do you get the stats beyond things like hate crimes and lynchings, regarding Blacks? The violence against women stats are at your fingertips and they're endemic.

On the other other other hand... if women are economically discriminated against, aren't the majority of women already in a "reparations" position? I.e., don't you have to somehow figure out that the majority of this oppressed class live with a member of the oppressor class, and equally share economic burdens, primarily using the "oppressor's" statistically higher income?

And with their longer lifespan, women end up owning more of the real wealth (sic) in this country, even with the lower income. Old ladies, by this statistical measure, rule the world.

All that to say you can't compare. This is not to say that a strong candidate that happens to be black at the top of the ticket is the equivalent on the "historymeter" to a weak candidate picked as a gimmick, the gimmick being that she's a woman "just like Hillary." Or was she picked for her foreign policy experience?

Of course the Dems never threw that one around, despite the insistence of the Palin camp that any criticism of their candidate was sexism. The Palin pick was a cynical ploy to begin with, and it's backfired comically. McCain wanted a pretty lady who could parrot phrases like "maverick" and "reform", and they got more than they bargained for... she's got drawing power, and though she's hard pressed to have 2 firing neurons to rub together, they're both firing on the subject of ambition, and neither on the subject of loyalty.

McCain's ineptitude might be said to find its finest expression, in that he was actually capable of underestimating Sarah Palin.

PFnV
  19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +167 / 4 / -4

I agree. I think Obama could be a really transformational leader, not only for the nation, but for the world as well. If the US can set an example by electing a black man named Barack Obama, it's going to give other parts of the world hope that a civilized, colorblind society can actually exist. The election of Obama would really return world favor to us as a good model of equality and freedom for all.
  20. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

it's a step back, because it shows a clueless person can rise to the second most powerful position in the world.

i think it's an insult to condoleeza rice and hillary clinton who have worked very hard over the years and actually know the issues