Welcome to PatsFans.com

"If" Obama Loses, it Will Have Nothing to Do with RACISM

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Aug 2, 2012.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +576 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

And that's a fact...end of story. At least in my opinion!:D

But I'm sure we'd hear some people try to connnect the dots and say it's true. But we can't have an African-American elected as POTUS who was NOT elected due to racism, lose an election due to racism.

In my opinion, "if" Obama were not re-elected, it would just reflect Americans' frustration with our economy and the dark cloud that has been hanging over us all for the past 4+ years.

NOT racism.

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +598 / 24 / -19

I think if there are attempts to disenfranchise poor voters by creating obstacles to voting (fewer voting stations in poor areas) voter ID requirements that compel poor people to purchase old records and go to distant offices, redistricting solutions that gerrymandering based on race, etc.), it will hurt minorities more than majorities. That said, there's a good chance that with or without such obstacles, Obama could still lose as a protest against the slow growth of the economy.

3. Patradomous

Patradomous In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +383 / 67 / -92

#87 Jersey

Like the one they had to attend at a football practice last night in Foxboro?

Oh the humanity! Do you realize how many people couldn't participate in watching the Pats practice because they asked for ID last nite?.WAAAAAHHH!!

But you don't need ID to vote for lawmakers that will make decisions on everyones life?
    Be real will ya for crissake.

4. jcdavey

jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

i think most republicans are indeed racist, but that won't have anything to do with losing or winning an election from the standpoint of individual voters, even in terms of voter fraud, it's not racism because gwb used voter fraud as well, when running against a white dem

it's just about dem vs repub and the fact the US will never have a true unity

fanboys....fanboys everywhere!

5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +253 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

You make some good points but I don't think most republicans are racists.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

An Oxymoron.. no comment.

A fact can be proven, an opinion is what you think they are diametrically opposed.

Guess you missed the 40+ books that have written which have denigrated Obama.. there is a new one just about every week.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +576 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I'm not a big supporter of voter ID's, but I also don't think anyone should just be able to walk into a voting station and say a name & address and walk into to cast their vote.

There has to be some kind of accountability. Everyone should have at least one type of valid ID.

8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +576 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Guess you really don't possess a sense of humor Darryl...the oxymoron was purposeful....thus the :D

How many books were published that denigrated GWB? Or do you only keep track of the ones on the guy you & voted for (Obama)?

9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I think most would agree with you. I posted before how I used a rental agreement for ID once. I've also known people to use a utility bill. In Iraq, they stained the voter's finger with ink to show they already voted.

Requiring a government-issued ID is unreasonable, IMO. The same people who say the government intrudes too much into our lives are the same ones calling for those GI ID's. Not consistent.

10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Race will play an important part in this election. Not with me or you, but with others, it will. It may even make the difference in the margin of victory one way or another. It both saddens and infuriates me that I make this statement in America, 2012 A.D.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

Racism will probably keep him in The White House.

12. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +918 / 7 / -3

Exactly. You can't be elected by white people, and then not be reelected because those very white people have suddenly become racist. If he loses, it will be because of the economy, and the voters disapproval overall.

Why is it unreasonable? It's an election. It is government. This isn't the local Moose Club's election of it's board, or a choice for employee of the month. I think its beyond reasonable to require ID. Especially when the government will issue you an ID for free. You can't rent a movie without an ID. Plus, who doesn't have one in todays day and age?

What role do you think race played in 2008? Did it help, or hurt Obama? Race will play far less of a role in this election, than it did in 2008, where it actually helped the incumbent. I find it amazing that just 4 years ago people were so encouraged, and excited about our people having elected a black president. Now we're going to hear all over again how racist most of us are. I'm not saying you will say that btw. I'm just saying it's going to be a staple in this election. People will make race an issue, and it won't be the people who dislike the president who do so. It will be those who support him who will. Hopefully people will criticize those who do so, in the same way, and with the same vigor, that they would criticize someone using race to attack Obama. That won't happen though.

13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Aren't you the guy who said that one of the reasons he voted for Obama in 2008 was because he was black?

14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

The "Race Card" will be played very heavely during the last part Of Sept and all through Oct, the left wing media will be accusing anybody and everybody who dares to criticize Obama on anything of Racism.

Racism is the left wing media's Ace In The Hole especially NBC.

Example:
    Joe "why didn't Obama close Gitmo"
    Jim "you racist bastard"

15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

Once again you do not understand the difference between opinion and fact..

This thread was about Obama and some obvious racist tendencies.. not George W...

16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

“Who cares?” Wys wrote in response. “Take her to Burger King, buy her a sundae with double banana, take her to your homeland, Kenya!”

Other recent tweets from the woman who's the main adviser to House of Representatives President Jenniffer Gonzalez

I fight Obama with all the strength in my heart and passion as a descendant of germans!!” she wrote on July 30.

On June 18, she sent another tweet to Obama in response to a general invitation to have dinner with the President.

“Wah! Wah! I feel like vomiting! Dinner with a guy borned in Kenya and claims he was borned in Hawaii!” she wrote, with some misspellings.

Puerto Rico political adviser under fire for Obama tweet deemed ‘racist’ - The Washington Post

17. Patradomous

Patradomous In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +383 / 67 / -92

#87 Jersey

Are the Patriots racist because they asked for ID at last nights practice?

18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +576 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Yes, I said pretty much those exact same words. What's your point?

19. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +576 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I KNEW you would avoid answering my question. You're full of crap Darryl...always have been.

You can't try to insinuate books denigrating the man we both voted for are based in racism and that the 100+ books written that denigrate Bush aren't. But hey, just like you, I never voted for Bush.

Thank you for attempting to tell me what MY thread is about..... :rolleyes:

20. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Just kinda surprised that you'd admit you voted for a man based on his race and then have the chutzpah to say his election had nothing to do with race.

(and before you start quibbling about race and racism being two different things let me point out that you can't have racism if race is not a factor.)