Welcome to PatsFans.com

If Obama DOES NOT Get Nomination on the First Ballot...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 7, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +915 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

If Obama does not get nomination on the first ballot ... then anyone can vote for whom they please on the 2nd ballot.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/democratic_delegate_count.html

He needs 352 to go over the top ... If say 120 Super Delegates sit out the first vote ... in order to open debate then the crap will hit the fan. Word is many delegates are wondering why, with all the press is Obama going down instead of up in the polls ... Hillary is chomping at the bit.

Even with her flaws ... the democrats screwed themselves backing Obama. Hillary has more experience and is closer to the center than Obama is. Is it too late to go with Hillary ... we'll soon see.
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +450 / 5 / -2

I think Hillary would've been a tougher beat than Obama. The Clintons are so slimely that I don't doubt they'll try to undermine what should be Obama's nomination. She simply wants him to lose, if she can't be the nominee. His loss would mean an "I told you so" of monumental porportions, and a guaranteed lock at being the nominee come 2012. I could be wrong, but...
  3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Nothing motivates righties like the name "Clinton." No way she would have been easier to beat.
  4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I think your right. The Clintons WANT to see Obama lose,that way it will be open for Shillery in 2012.

I also think you were right about Morgan Freeman's adventure the other day. Did you check out the thread about him getting divorced?
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2008
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 10 / -26

Do not like Hillary and any of the baggage associated with her.. think she would loose to Dan Quayle if she ran..