PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If not the Pats, who would you like to see win the Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If the Patriots don't win it all this year, which team would be your consolation prize?

For me, it's the Texans. Talk about finally getting to the playoffs in style if it ended in a SB victory.

I live about 2 hours outside Houston and try to catch at least one game every year. Those fans are hungry for it. The Oilers disappointed during the Warren Moon years and then leave, now the Texans just can't seem to bring it all together.

If the defense can improve like ours did over the course of last season, they might be able to pull out a division win.

I'll obviously be disappointed if the Pats aren't holding up the trophy at the end of the season but if the Texans are the ones doing it, that'll be about the "happiest disappointed" I can be. :)

An NFC team not named the Giants.

If i had to pick one. Definitely not an afc team. I refuse. So I would have to go with the panthers. Talk about worst to first.

I'd love to see the Bucs win it all. Wouldn't mind Atlanta also. I'd throw St. Louis in the mix too, but McDaniels is there and for some reason I'd rather him not win one.

If I had to pick an AFC team, I'd go with either the Texans or San Diego. For some reason I wouldn't mind San Diego winning one. Maybe because LT isn't there.

If the Patriots don't win it then nobody wins it.

The Vikings for that extra kick in the pants to Childress, haha

In the AFC, the Chiefs. In the NFC, the Bucs.

Last edited:
The Jets or Redskins. Keep the tradition alive.

You do mean the Preseason Super Bowl, right? ;)

After the Patriots are out, I typically root for individuals from my Alma Mater.

The caveat is that I would never root for the NYJ, even if their entire team consisted of guys from my school.

The new Titans coach Mike Munchak was born and raised in Scranton Pa which is just a 1/2 hour from me so I must root for him...he was an unbelievable kid in HS and legendary in the pros on the OL.

If NE does not get there then the longshot Titans are my choice.

NFC I would go with the Lions because I really feel bad for those longtime season ticket holders who dish out thousands every decade only to find out that thier team has been all but eliminated from the playoffs by the end of November.

Last edited:
The Lions

fgfg

NFC: Atlanta
AFC: K.C.

1. Texans: always have high hopes that they'll eventually win their division.
2. Chefs: Maybe Cassel isn't a "product of the system".
3. Lions: Let's blow the Universal Mind, since you asked. :p

Bucs. Always liked them(coolest stadium in the league) and Freeman is pretty cool.

Does football even exist if the Patriots are eliminated? I don't know. I generally can't bring myself to watch football for several weeks after a playoff loss.

Come to think of it...... did they even play a Super Bowl last year?

If, God Forbid, that happens then my first preference would be teams that never even made it to a Super Bowl before.

* Cleveland Browns (a long-suffering sports town. Redemption after Lebron fiasco)
* Detroit Lions (From unfeated to World Champs)
* Houston Texans (for all those Oiler fans who never got theirs)
* Jacksonville Jaguars (meh)

Of the teams that have been there before I gotta go with the Vikings and Bills who have already lost four apiece.

* Minnesota Vikings 1970, 1974, 1975, 1977
* Buffalo Bills consecutively 1991-1994

Last edited:
Anyone but the Jets, Colts and Steelers.

in order of preference

49ers
Chiefs
anyone else who doesnt happen to be based in New Jersey, Indianapolis or Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes