PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Next Year theare is a lockout do we lose out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarkDawg

Banned
Reaction score
Oakland's number (1) do we lose it or is it carried over to when they start up again?

all hypothetical.

moderator plz fix there in title......

I did not look it over.

Oakland's number (1) do we lose it or is it carried over to when they start up again?

all hypothetical.

As I understand it: (A) there MUST be a 2011 draft, whether there's a work stoppage or not.

(B) If there is a work stoppage, then everyone's rights are squatted on (in other words, the players drafted won't suddenly be able to sign with new teams). BB would not have traded Seymour for a 2011 if there were any possibility that they would just flat out lose the pick.

Last edited:
All together now...Patrick Peterson
Peterson.jpg

Against Julio Jones, possible top 10 WR in 2011

harkdawg you gotta stop hating. it aint healthy

what am I hating?

I bring <3 and insight:cool:

Anytime that the Patriots miss out on a year of competition means that the window for Brady and Moss gets a year smaller. So yeah, a lockout would be bad for everyone, especially the Pats.

Anytime that the Patriots miss out on a year of competition means that the window for Brady and Moss gets a year smaller. So yeah, a lockout would be bad for everyone, especially the Pats.

If a lockout does happen, it will last from March 2011 to July 2011. That's it. The owners are fully prepared for a lockout and to use it to win big over the union. The players aren't prepared to lose any paychecks. Their agents aren't known for being patient in getting paid. Everything is aligned to one side and everybody knows it.

So Brady will get a full year in 2011 with a nice, new contract. Moss will as well...I'm just not sure it will be with the Pats.

Coaches and front offices are not part of the players union. The draft will go on. Signings should be a very interesting matter on the other hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down