PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If New England cuts a WR, he will quickly become a Colt - Guaranteed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blockbuster? What kind of blockbuster player would be put on waivers? A player that good wouldn't even make it to the Colts waiver slot.

'Blockbuster' may not be the word I should use - Lets say 'very popular but older player diminishing his talents a bit but still very good' instead of blockbuster - O.K.?

Didn't Indy just claim Rice off waivers? At least that reduces their waiver priority, and other teams may want one of our WR's too.

I know its something out of a nightmare but looking at where the Colts are at WR you just know a blockbuster sign is going to happen somewhere,somehow and Polian is guaranteed to search the waiver wire for someone decent who gets cut.

I just can't see the Colts standing where they are without Harrison and Gonzalez and putting Manning out there looking like Bert Jones which is what he looks like in the past 2 games - desperation measures for desperate times.

Troy is what you'd call untouchable at this point in his career. He's due another ring regardless if he plays or not.

As for the Colts, maybe we could pass along some contact info for Shockmain Davis. If in Indy picks up any former Pats at this point it'll be someone on the PS yo-yo like Santonio Thomas or Ray Ventrone.

Didn't Indy just claim Rice off waivers? At least that reduces their waiver priority, and other teams may want one of our WR's too.

That may be true that other teams need WRs too but right now if you look at the 5 Main contenders for the SB - Pitt,NE,Indy,Dal,GB - Only Indy stands out as a team in peril at WR and I would not think that the 'see you next year' teams would be as aggressive without a legitamate shot at the SB.

After all, a guy like Brown would only be for a short fill in position,not anything more than for the rest of the season.

Troy is not a guy likely to be signed for longer than that especially in what is probably his que sara sara in the NFL.

Only Tennessee looks to be another possible contender with a big void at WR

Who are we kidding? Who would'nt want to play for Dungy over the sweatshirt photographer. ******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Go back to Wisconsin's forums Mr. fudge packer faithful

Any WR on any practice squad can be signed by INDY.

The player can't even refuse. He will be dragged kicking and screaming if necessary. In chains, bound and gagged.

No, I'm kidding, but they could sign Bam Childress or anyone.

Who are we kidding? Who would'nt want to play for Dungy over the sweatshirt photographer. ******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Wow--a Packers troll. Don't see too many of those. Do tell, a-hole troll, do y'all have 'puters up there in Wisconsin now?

Wow--a Packers troll. Don't see too many of those. Do tell, a-hole troll, do y'all have 'puters up there in Wisconsin now?

Yup, seems they've discovered the Internets.

Last edited:

He borrowed Brett Favres PC,Isn't all of GB a close community?

Can you imagine the Patriots not finding room for Troy and he is cut and picked up and signed by the Colts? - I would throw up.

Last year Troy's kid told him he wanted him to stay a Patriot. Maybe da kid would influence him again -:)

He borrowed Brett Favres PC,Isn't all of GB a close community?

Well, it seems like all their eyes are too close together. What does that mean?

Who are we kidding? Who would'nt want to play for Dungy over the sweatshirt photographer.

Sweatshirt Photographer!! That was good. Some hit & run trolls really have their **it together.

The Colts want Gostkowski. :D

Any WR on any practice squad can be signed by INDY.

The player can't even refuse. He will be dragged kicking and screaming if necessary. In chains, bound and gagged.

No, I'm kidding, but they could sign Bam Childress or anyone.

Actually, the way I understand things, a player can refuse to be signed off the practice squad. The only time the player has no say in the matter is when he is in the waiver period after being cut (which is what happened to Garrett Mills, Justin Rogers, and Corey Mays).

If the player had no say in the matter, then there wouldn't be much point in paying PS players more than the minimum (which is ~$75K). [As an example, the Pats are paying Childress $150K for the season, and Santonio Thomas is getting essentially the same as a rookie on the 53-man roster.]

Also, there's one other danger, IIRC, to signing a player off another team's practice squad--that player must remain on the 53-man roster for a minimum of three weeks, so, if a team makes a mistake, they're stuck with it for a while.

At this point, I don't see Washington as more than emergency WR depth. He's playing an STs-only role more commonly taken by safeties on the Pats, except that Mel Mitchell gets hurt every year.

I also don't see IRing Troy, just because he's the only real backup to Welker. What's more, he's DB depth, something which matters later in the season as more guys are banged up each game. And I mean general DB depth -- he's the only guy on the roster this year who's limited to slot-CB-only, so if he plays there he's freeing up a more versatile DB for another role.

Only Tennessee looks to be another possible contender with a big void at WR
The Jags are still in the hunt for the division also.They still have one to play with Indy,maybe they do it just to block the horseshoes if they have a roster space at the bottom of their chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back