Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with this article.

These are the teams Randy can win a SB and play with a half decent QB:

1. Indy
2. Jax
3. SD
4. Philly
5. NYG

I would leave off Dallas here since I don't think he could co-exist with TO and Romo's lapse of concentration.

Peyton + Moss + 8 games of turf.

We might as well not play the 2008 season if Moss is on the Colts.. :bricks:

Nonsense. If Moss signs with the Steelers, he and little Ben will wreck the league. That is the wildcard team I would be concerned with, seeing as Moss grew up a Steeler fan.

Maybe this will move things along with negotiations. Will be interesting to see what this deal looks like:

www.profootballtalk.com

POSTED 5:36 p.m. EST, March 1, 2008

BERRIAN TO VIKINGS DEAL GETS DONE by Michael David Smith

The Minnesota Vikings have reached a contract agreement with free-agent wide receiver Bernard Berrian.

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that it's a six-year deal, with financial details not yet available. The Vikings have made no secret that they were going after Berrian, and Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press had previously reported that the Vikings would have Berrian locked up this afternoon.

After Randy Moss, Berrian is generally considered the top wide receiver available this year as an unrestricted free agent.

Glazer reports that with Berrian gone, the Bears will likely use Devin Hester more on offense.

We might as well not play the 2008 season if Moss is on the Colts.. :bricks:

I wish the Giants felt this way before they played us in the SB. No team is unbeatable.

I don't agree with this article.

These are the teams Randy can win a SB and play with a half decent QB:

1. Indy
2. Jax
3. SD
4. Philly
5. NYG

I would leave off Dallas here since I don't think he could co-exist with TO and Romo's lapse of concentration.

1. Does Indy have cap room? Are they dumping Marvin?

2. Isn't Jax unlikely? Jax just got Porter.

3. SD has Jackson and Chambers. Why?

4-5. Phi + NYG know how to take Randy away

Whatever. Please NOT Indy.

Oh, not Jax either. No pass rush against them

Last edited:
Man..Moss is rep that he needs a controlled environment is soooo overblown. He had 2 "disruptive" years in Oakland and 6-7 great seasons in Minnesota,
He fell apart after Carter left. Without a strong figure telling him what to do, he drifts. I suppose Favre could be that figure to him. Well see, but don't forget, Brady had to give him hell the first week of TC (before he got hurt) about not running out routes.

The Pats will be better with him, but for Moss, not signing with the Pats would be a bigger mistake, IMO.

Once GB loses two in a row, it will be the Same Old Moss as Oakland.

If there wver was aplace for Moss it is NE. Benefits both sides.

I will be sorry if he doesn't sign here, but it will be interesting to see how he fares.

if moss and law go to the colts i will not even watch the nfl next year

Bill Polian and the Colts are never FA players so there is no need to worry, they sign their own and that's it. The last two times they tried big money players they failed big time, see Corey Simon and Booger McFarland trades.

I think Florio has it right below, this maybe why Randy is frustrated.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

The bigger question, as we see it, is whether Moss is merely trying to scare up a big-money offer that would then be used to leverage the Pats. If he has agreed to give the Patriots a chance to match any proposals that he might receive elsewhere, why should the Packers or the Cowboys or the Eagles or anyone negotiate the contract that Moss ultimately will sign in New England?

Frankly, we think that Moss has badly misplayed this one. By creating the impression that he is committed to staying in New England, teams aren't going to be likely to make him a big-money offer during the early days of free agency. And if he ever convinces folks that he's serious about leaving, the wallets that currently are wide open will be quickly closing.

I wish the Giants felt this way before they played us in the SB. No team is unbeatable.

True ,but its not going to be fun to watch either..

If this is any indication of what Randy should get then no one will sign him. Ridiculous.

POSTED 7:55 p.m. EST, March 1, 2008

BERRIAN BREAKS THE BANK

Receiver Bernard Berrian has officially joined the Vikings. And he will be extremely well compensated for it.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, it's a six-year, $42 million contract, with $16 million guaranteed.

For Bernard Berrian.

Let's be clear on this. Berrian's best season came in 2007, with 71 receptions for 951 yards and five touchdowns.

And he gets $16 million guaranteed?

Randy Moss, in contrast, had 98 catches for 1,453 yards and 23 touchdowns. So if Berrian is worth $16 million in guaranteed money, how much should Moss get? Should he get $20 million? Maybe $25 million?

Dare we say . . . $30 million?

And though we realize that Berrian has been stuck in a vertically-challenged offense, would Berrian have had the impact on the Pats that Moss did?

Hey, it's a good deal for Berrian. But it really throws a wrench in the plans of the Pats, or anyone else who has designs on landing Moss.

LOL... if that happened there would be one less Patjew.

Bill Polian and the Colts are never FA players so there is no need to worry, they sign their own and that's it. The last two times they tried big money players they failed big time, see Corey Simon and Booger McFarland trades.

I think Florio has it right below, this maybe why Randy is frustrated.

It's true that Polian and the Colts aren't into FA. However, Viniatieri did work out pretty well for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes