PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Moss signs elsewhere, it will be more his loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think being a Patriot might be Moss's last chance to get a ring. The teams that have a legitimate shot at getting the superbowl are few and far between. The only contending teams that might have an interest in Moss might be the Chargers, and the Bucs. Although the Bucs are not that great of a team. Although demand for Moss will be high, there are only a few teams I can think of that can actually contend for a Superbowl.

If Moss goes anywhere except NE he will never see the full length of the contract he signs and it will be mean he was full of it. Hopefully a middle ground can be found.

Yeah but will the Patriots be a better team without his productivity? I don't think so.

There is a cost/value ratio factor in almost everything the Pats do. Samuel is gone most likely because his cost over his replacement was not at equal value to replacements productivity. With Moss I think this ratio would be to far off to justify not paying him what he is asking for (within reason).

Of course any equation like this the years must be factored in, and maybe this is what is holding things up. For the next three years I think Moss' productivity will balance out with his salary - but what if he wants 4 or 5 years. The equation changes.

IMO.

If it turns out Moss turned down a good contract with NE for somewhat better ( 1 mill or so per year better ) contract with an also ran team I will lose all respect for him & wish him nothing but bad luck & failure for the rest of his career.

If it turns out the Pats are low balling him though I'll be pissed with BB & wish Randy the best.

Moss deserves all the money he gets and doesn't owe us anything.

He came and honored his contract to the fullest.

Last edited:
Yeah but will the Patriots be a better team without his productivity? I don't think so.

There is a cost/value ratio factor in almost everything the Pats do. Samuel is gone most likely because his cost over his replacement was not at equal value to replacements productivity. With Moss I think this ratio would be to far off to justify not paying him what he is asking for (within reason).

Of course any equation like this the years must be factored in, and maybe this is what is holding things up. For the next three years I think Moss' productivity will balance out with his salary - but what if he wants 4 or 5 years. The equation changes.

IMO.

so who will blink first? moss or the pats, that's the question.

Moss deserves all the money he gets and doesn't owe us anything.

He came and honored his contract to the fullest.
Did I miss something? Who said he owes us anything?

(And by the same token, we don't owe him anything either.)

Man..Moss is rep that he needs a controlled environment is soooo overblown. He had 2 "disruptive" years in Oakland and 6-7 great seasons in Minnesota, squirting a water bottle and fake mooning be dammed. Ask any real Vikings fan what they think of him there and whether he should still be on the team. He was a locker room cancer and was loved by all his teammates, this guy isnt TO on his worst day. People act like NE was a revelation and the singular place where he could have revived his career. Was it the best fit?? Probably. The only fit?? Hardly. He could go to a number of teams and go back to being the receiver he was in Minnesota, the 90 Catch, 1500 Yard, 16 TD guy..yeah, he wasnt bad. I think when people look back at his career, they'll come to the conclusion that his 2 years in Oakland were more about Oakland, and less about him.

Although the Bucs are not that great of a team. Although demand for Moss will be high, there are only a few teams I can think of that can actually contend for a Superbowl.

Would one of those be the Giants? Let's not continue to underestimate the rest of the league. The Pats are a great organization, but they aren't the only team that can win a Super Bowl.

Did I miss something? Who said he owes us anything?

(And by the same token, we don't owe him anything either.)

When Moss is called greedy by Pats fans, its implicitly implied that Moss should be more grateful to the Pats in his contract demands.

I think being a Patriot might be Moss's last chance to get a ring. The teams that have a legitimate shot at getting the superbowl are few and far between. The only contending teams that might have an interest in Moss might be the Chargers, and the Bucs. Although the Bucs are not that great of a team. Although demand for Moss will be high, there are only a few teams I can think of that can actually contend for a Superbowl.

Oh really? And would the Giants or Packers have been one of those teams last offseason? The league is more even than you might think.

Don't fool yourselves. Randy Moss might lose out in the end if he goes elsewhere for more money, but so will the Patriots. We'll just have to see if he "comes to his senses." I personally think he will sign with the Patriots, but it looks like the "we" part of being with the Patriots didn't sink in as much as people thought it did.

If Moss signs elsewhere he'll get more $$$$. Depends whether he wants a SB ring or just more money. I believe he'll be a Patriot next year.

LiveShot said:
If Moss signs elsewhere he'll get more $$$$. Depends whether he wants a SB ring or just more money. I believe he'll be a Patriot next year.

You know, Moss can still easily get more $$$ and a ring with another team next year.

Any team that pays Moss $12M+ per year probably isn't going to the SB next year, Why? Because deep, well-managed teams typically don't pay a WR $12M.

People are crazy... there are plenty of teams good enough to win the SB not named the Patriots.

Jax is one of them.

If I were Moss I would go for the most $$ REGUARDLESS. Screw a SB. Even when he was at the SB, he sounded like it wasn't really a big deal IMO. He said something along the lines of “it's overrated" on media day and I agree with him. The $$ would be MUCH more important to me. I can’t hate on any player who goes for the cash.

Last edited:
Sorry but if Moss is being hoisted it's on his own petard. He said all he wanted was to win and play on a team that was well coached and for a franchise that was well managed and knew how to win. Said money didn't matter, he's made plenty of money. Said he told Bob Kraft he wouldn't break the bank to remain here.

So I guess maybe he was lyin'. We'll see.

He needs to be in a stable, veteran, environment where egos get checked at the door. Otherwise, first sign of struggles and he will opt out. There may be several teams with the cash and cap to invest in him, but most of them don't have the stability to maintain him. Here he was a piece of a puzzle. If he wants to be the center of he universe, he's **** out of luck because the guy who is that here doesn't hold them up over paycheck angst. He's literally in it to win, and he's proven that over several years and through two contract extensions.

Curren is absolutely right. Moss needs the Patriots more than the Patriots need Moss.

I dont think moss owes us a discount.. But I do think we should pay him...

I might be Randys last shot at a HUGE payday, so maybe he is just trying to get teams to drive the price up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes