PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Michael Vick does find his way into the Jet's starting lineup......

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
If Michael Vick does become the Jet's starter this year, does he instantly become the best divisional quarterback Brady has had to face since the divisional realignment (after the 2001 season)?

The knee jerk reaction is 'no, there must've been someone better' , but think about it.......over the year's our divisional competition has been full of guys like.........

JP Lohsman
Trent Edwards
Chad Pennington (maybe a case for him over Vick)
EJ Manuel
Chade Henne
Joey Harrington
Cleo Lemon
Mark Sanchez
Geno Smith
Drew Bledsoe (does his Buffalo stint give him the nod here, or would Vick be better)

Daunte Culpepper and Brett Favre were also in the division, but if memory serves me correctly neither of them actually played against Brady. Not that either was exactly in their prime when they were in our division anyway.

That Vick from 2010 or 2011, don't remember, was a legit QB, that was real, he was solid, but exposing himself to so much for injuries + all the problems around Philly, I believe he's garbage now and he's mental process is already giving up, how come someone says Geno Smith is the starter over him without a doubt?

Anyway, I would not be afraid of Vick even in his best shape.

I hope & pray that Vic starts against the Pats in Gillette because I want to hear this on the loudspeakers

Last edited:
If the dog-killer does find his way into the jesters' starting lineup…
…then the Pats should sweep the series.

Good post and interesting thought.

It makes me understand why some teams can rationalize spending so much on average QBs like Dalton and Flacco... as much as I disagree with their contracts.

I would say yes to the OP, but Vick seems to have gained weight this offseason and seemingly accepted playing second fiddle because the Jets literally wanted to hand Geno the job.

I'd say Pennington is the best guy on the list. I really liked him, though... and Jets fans get what they deserve for booing him/cheering his injury when he got hurt for them.

Pennington was a gamer. Respect. Only reason I didn't appreciate him at first besides him just being a Jet was that Jet fans on USENET at the time were touting him as far better than TFB.

I agree.

I know people called Pennington "noodle arm" and he had terrible injuries, but he was a brave, smart player who took a couple of games off Brady, outplaying him in the rain. I think he wins my contest for "least dislikable Jet" (not a big field).

Completely disagree. I recently(during the last month) watched all eagles games with Vick, and he looked pretty bad. Sure, he can run. Buy he gives away his reads and doesn't look good in passing. Tannehill for example is better in my opinion

Favre, Pennington and Bledsoe, by a mile.

I came here to post exactly this. Also, it will be interesting to see how EJ Manuel progresses. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at least decent.

If Michael Vick does become the Jet's starter this year, does he instantly become the best divisional quarterback Brady has had to face since the divisional realignment (after the 2001 season)?
Nope. Vick's game has MAJOR holes in it and he doesn't have the speed that he once did.

Michael Vick is Mark Sanchez. The only difference is he has more speed so he can get to wherever he's going to fumble and #%$@ up faster.

Vick was never a very good QB. Basically one good year in Philly when he was playing a highly contained offensive game

Vick at this point in his career is JAG. It is pretty terrible to look at the QB's that Brady has faced in the division, very telling of how the Pats have won the division so many times

The fantasy football kiddies seem to like Vick for whatever reason. He's never been much of a leader, clutch player or real winner. I want to see him pummeled and stomped this season.

Chad Pennington and it's not even close. One of the most accurate passers in history. If Pennington hadn't had a series of injuries I suspect he would be in the conversation with, if not Brady and Manning, then the tier below them in terms of historical greatness. Even with the injuries that made his arm a pop gun, he was still scary to see under center. Pennington at his best was better than Vick at his, imo

Yeah, I'd say Pennington, Favre, and Bledsoe are all far better than Vick. Bledsoe was actually pretty good his first year in Buffalo, after that he started to play poorly but regardless.

I honestly think that Vick is horrible. Once upon a time, he could have used his leg to constantly bail him out of his first read that went sour, nowadays he is still incapable of reading the field and no longer has his running skills

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back