Welcome to PatsFans.com

If McCain lasts as long as His Mother, we'll be in fine shape

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

2. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

1 of the 3 Stooges...

Attached Files:

3. elway7

elway7 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Of course! I guess if you don't like mcCain you might as wll hate his wife too!
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

[​IMG]
    The smiling witch is a real piece of work. Is this the type of broad you want in the WH? She'd give Hillary a run for her money if there was a "shrew" contest for first ladies...as if McCain has a chance.:

In 1989, Cindy McCain became addicted to Percocet and Vicodin. She resorted to stealing drugs from her own NPO, the American Voluntary Medical Team, begun to provide health care for impoverished children. During 1992, Tom Gosinski, the director of government and international affairs for AVMT, discovered her drug theft. Subsequently in 1992, her parents staged an intervention to force her to get help; she went to re-hab and quit.

In January 1993, McCain terminated Gosinski on grounds of "budgetary reasons". In spring 1993, Gosinski tipped off the DEA to investigate McCain's drug theft, and a federal investigation ensued. McCain's defense team, led by Washington lawyer John Dowd, made a deal with the U.S. Attorney's office that limited her punishment to financial restitution and enrollment in a diversion program, without any public disclosure.

Meanwhile, in early 1994 Gosinski filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against McCain, which he told her he would settle for $250,000. In April 1994, Dowd requested that Maricopa County officials investigate Gosinski for extortion. The Phoenix New Times was about to publish a negatively-cast article about the whole affair. Cindy McCain pre-empted this by publicly revealing her past addiction, stating she hoped it would give fellow drug addicts courage in their struggles: "Although my conduct did not result in compromising any missions of AVMT, my actions were wrong, and I regret them (mainly because I was caught )." A flurry of press attention followed, including charges by Gosinski that she had asked him to lie concerning her drug use when the McCains were applying to adopt their baby from Bangladesh and statements by past AVMT employees that Gosinski had once threatened to blackmail her. The Arizona Republic published an editorial cartoon ridiculing the motivations for her AVMT work and an award dinner in her honor was canceled citing poor ticket sales. In the end, both Gosinski's lawsuit and the extortion investigation against him were dropped.

Just goes to show not to fu(k with the Senator's wife...or else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Hensley_McCain#cite_note-cnn112299-24
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +440 / 5 / -2

PRICELESS!!!!

TGIAC, do you mind if I use that as my sig? It so describes how I feel about the candidates.
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So, while the mutual masturbation society above gets their yuks, John McCain readies himself. With genes from his mother he should be a force to reckon with.

Wasn't Kitty Dukakis an alcoholic?? Why, yes, she was.

As for stepford bride-of-frankenstein wives, nobody will EVER do that better than the Hillary. She sets the bar. Bill as "First Husband"???? He'd be dealing with the "staff", all right.

Cynthia Obama??? Well, at least she's finally proud of America, after all these years and privileges she's gotten along the way. Nice house (and lot) the Obamas have, by the way. The Rev. Wright must pay a lot of "home visits" there, after 20+ years. Does he write his sermons there? Some people are asking.

:singing:

//
  7. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I for one, am not going to vote for Gearge Sidney Mccain the muslim as President. I can't see how anyone of inane, corporate pandering policies would in anyway help us change track from the worst administration in the history of the United States. If McCain gets elected we're truly screwed. As are the people of Iran and Iraq and the kids these crusty old buffoons love to send to die.
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"Corporate pandering policies"???? :rofl: OMG!! So, what's Teddy Kennedy, John Heinz Kerry, and the rest of the Dems excuse??? Hillary doesn't "pander" to her fan base??? Obama's pastor sure knows how to "pander" to his "clients", eh, with Barack attending class for 20 years and taking notes???

The choice is clear: bend over and take it by voting for Hill or the Barack, or give stable peace a chance with John McCain. At least we know he's got great genes!!!

:singing:

//
  9. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Ahh yes more Orwellian nonsense. War is Peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.

No, democrats do pander to corporations, but I don't believe that Obama does quite to the extent of someone like McCain. Nevertheless, there's an enormous difference between a democratically elected politician "pandering" to the citizens that elected him/her and caving in to big business interests by screwing people out of healthcare, awarding no bid contracts, invading sovereign countries etc. This is why Nader is the choice, as always, but what does he know? he's barely even allowed on the same corporate t.v. that tells people Chavez is a dictator.
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I see you're stealing my Orwell metaphore. :nono:

Anywho, Obama may still be in his diapers when it comes to pandering, but give him some time!! He's only been a Senator in Washington for barely more than 3 years!!! :eek: What's that?? "Mr. Smith goes to Washington"??

"Differences", oh yes. So true. Obama's a populist because that's all he's ever had to deal with: just the common folks in the neighborhood. And, from what I've seen, Barack has done a very good job in dealing with the street-level folks. Very good job.

But you and I both know that there needs to be some understanding of how things work in the corporate world, and I don't just mean, "learning how to play the game". There is far too much corporate welfare going on, and that needs to be reigned in pronto. I saw a snip of Ed Markey grilling the big oil suits yesterday, and there needs to be more of that, and not just election-year show-boating!!!, Mr. and Ms. Democrat "Tough Guys/Gals". [Where in HELL were these Congressional Crusaders two, three, four years ago, when the bad moon was rising over the oil scene???? Talk about "AWOL". :mad:]

Can McCain get it done, and can he do it better than either the Hill or the Obama??? Yes and yes. The Dems don't have the connections they need to pull short hairs. I believe McCain does, and he can get more, and he can do more. He'd better, or we all need to start learning how to speak Chinese.

//
  11. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Can McCain get what done? Keep us in Iraq for 100 years? Keep screwing over the economy by deregulating industry? Make sure that the uninsured remain uninsured? Invade another country? Balloon deficit spending and the national debt to unfathomable heights?

Tell me, what exactly is McCain going to "get done" for the American people?
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

None of the above, and just the opposite. He's no dummy, not that it takes rocket science or 12 years of medical training in brain surgery to see that all the points you mentioned need to be addressed, and done so EFFECTIVELY. If he poops out, we'll never see anyone but a Democrat in the White House for the rest of our life-times.

This "100 years" stuff is so taken out of context, by the way. McCain was asked how long should the U.S. stay in the Middle East to make sure things get safe and stable, and he answered: "as long as it takes, a hundred years, if necessary." There's a message there, and it is NOT just for domestic consumption. He is telling the bin Ladens of the world that no matter how long they think they will use terror as a weapon to achieve their ends, the United States will be there to oppose that despicable, cowardly, and loathsome method.

Good for John McCain. And good for America and the world that SOMEBODY is willing to commit for peace and stability.

//
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +269 / 10 / -26

Actually the answer to that is quite simple the Dems did not have a majority two, three or four years ago and they did not control the actions of various committees... not that complicated... the Republicans do not want to deal with the oil situation.. except for Cheney and that is confidential by executive privilege.
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The Dems took over Congress after the 2006 elections, so they've had more than a year to start something. What Markey and Co are doing now seems so posturing and posing for the elections in November. I thought the Dems "cared more" for the health of people, the environment, and for the economy of the average American!!! What could be more important than to get a firm handle on this oil fiasco???!!

If the Dems were ever thrown a bone, this has got to be the mother of all Milk Bones.

//
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +269 / 10 / -26

But that is not what you intimated:

I know you will come back and clarify that what you said, is not what you mean or what you mean is not what your said, or what you said is not what you did say or what you meant is not what you mean etc.. but it is pretty clear.

In reality the Fed Gov't can pretty much do what it wants to do, yesterday GWB signed an executive order to continue the border fence and to bypass all the regulatory agencies.. don't blame a specific group of people for a very complex problem, they have all been asleep at the wheel here and there is plenty to share.
  16. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You are certainly entitled to your turn at the spin cycle, but at the end of the day, a mid-teens approval rating by this Congress does not bode well for the Dems in November UNLESS they wake up and get serious about holding the oil industry's feet to the fire.

While the govt may "do what it wants", it will alter course if it knows the will of the people is strongly unified regarding an issue. In the case of sky-rocketing, ridiculously high oil prices, enormous profit-taking by the oil industry, and reports of enormous untapped oil resources, the Dems have been handed a perfect gift. What they do with it will show what they are truly made of.

If they follow through on the above issues, they will only gain respect. If they shuck and jive their way around these issues, they will prove they are undeserving of further support; and they should be replaced with people who have more guts to get the job done.

//
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +269 / 10 / -26

There is no spin, just holding you accountable for what you said and the reality of this Adm.. you first posted how you admired Markey for what he did and then came back to post disparaging comments about him. Flip flopping might work well for you, McCain is a classic one, but for most if you write something stick by and do not try to change the subject.. the reality is that this has been coming for a long time and the Republicans were in control of congress for something like 16 years.. nothing was done then and probably not a whole lot will be done now.

Energy is a huge issue, but so far have heard very little from the proposed candidates.. have read it is a production issue, have read it is a OPEC rising cost, have read it is a greed issue.. without regard not sure with these profits there are still tax breaks for the oil industry.. being a Texas industry probably does not hurt all that much.

The Republicans were handed the same gift that the Dems were handed, do you remember last Congressional Election??. right around the election energy prices went down.. now that was a coincidence. Will be interesting to see what happens this November.
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +269 / 10 / -26

19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Now you're just pissing on yourself by getting personal. Again. I said the Dems have control of the Congress -- for well over a year -- and just NOW, as the election starts to loom, they suddenly decide they "want to do something" about high gasoline prices, exorbitant profits by the oil companies, and the fact that there is oil in Alaska that has not been tapped. What do they *really* want to do about high oil prices??

The Repubs have been pushing for tapping the oil reserves in Alaska, but the big-mouth, semi-terrorist, tree-hugging crowd constituency of the Dem party has thrown hissy fits every time the issue has been raised.

Proving, once again for all those watching at home, that the Dem party is a patch-work of special interests, radicals, extremists, and spoiled babies who will resort even to violence in the form of the eco-terrorists "Earth First" mob to satisfy their agenda. The facts speak for themselves.

//
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +269 / 10 / -26

Hysteria, hyperbole and lies will get you no where in an intelligent conversation.. did you not look at the provided graph that shows decreases around election times.. yea that is coincidental..

Once again you were perseverating about Alaska, but do not mention the land of Jeb Bush or North Dakota..

BTW the Eco Terrorists, "earth first" are anarchists and have nothing to do with this except to create hysteria.. get a grip and give yourself a big calm down.