PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Mangini is fired should the Patriots rehire him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Maybe Belichick gives him his old job back as Ball Boy?

:rofl:

Sorry - couldn't help myself. But hey, if there's speculation of Romeo returning, why not our previous Defensive Coordinator? ;)

Just trying to find SOME form of humor admid the disappointment of not making the playoffs. This probably earns me my first "Practice Squad" post but it's worth the risk.

no..
and I hope they don't fire mangina..
he guarantees the jets being bad... or average at best
the jets might actually hire somebody competent if they fire him

Romeo Crennel will likely be fired as well. Why not re-hire him instead, he was a better DC than Mangini anyways.

Sure and Favre as a back up QB. No thanks.

Well, I think we may need of an upgrade in the secondary. So if he wants to be a position coach again and is willing to be humiliated by Belichick on a daily basis, why not. Seriously, no. The guy has never proven he can be anything more than a good position coach. Belichick doesn't need a guy he doesn't trust to be a position coach.

No No No and No.. unless the CBS Scene needs a bus boy

You can't be serious.

I'd give him a job. Somebody has to clean the toilets, right?

NO f'n way!!

Last edited:
Maybe Belichick gives him his old job back as Ball Boy?

:rofl:

Sorry - couldn't help myself. But hey, if there's speculation of Romeo returning, why not our previous Defensive Coordinator? ;)

Just trying to find SOME form of humor admid the disappointment of not making the playoffs. This probably earns me my first "Practice Squad" post but it's worth the risk.

In a word, NO ! You don't rehire Benedict Arnold !

No friggin way that rat fink bastard tried to sabotage the Pats season last year. I hope nobody hires him. Who in hell would trust him?

Hopefully Mangina did just enought to keep his job....and Brett Farvre comes back for one more year too.

Last edited:
Sure!

We rehire him - then ruin him by strapping a video camera to him and pushing him out onto opposition sidelines first game of '09!

I'll play devil's advocate. The number one way to get back at an enemy is to be nice to them. None of us can argue that he wasn't the best DB coach we have had here in a very long time. What he did with Randall Gay and Earthwind was astounding. Mangini would feel his worst if he were to be re hired by the Pats.

this is the most stupid question I have ever seen.

Seriously, what HC is going to feel secure that any possible 'dirt' won't somehow be used against him in the future with The Rat on the staff? He's gotta be anathema to any thinking HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes