PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If M. Harrison sits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I think the only injury that could make the win less meaningful would be if either of the quarterbacks were out. If Manning or Brady were to go out in the first series or something there would be no question who would win the game from then on out.

Re: If M. Harrison sits....

I'll be honest, for the past season + I've thought Reggie Wayne was their best WR, and while Marvin is still a very good receiver, I don't think he's at the level he once was.
I don't know about that. Last year Harrison had more yards than Wayne did and Marvin was the one being covered by every team's best cornerback. This year his numbers so far have been reduced due to injuries. He hasn't played a full game since the Colts played Denver back in week 4. And honestly, though Dungy would never admit this, I think they've been resting him up so he can be at full strength for this game. Just like Bob Sanders last year. We'll see.

The media will of course use the fact against the Pats if that happens. I expect him to suit up and play, btw.

I don't know about that. Last year Harrison had more yards than Wayne did and Marvin was the one being covered by every team's best cornerback.
I'd much prefer for Wayne to be out than Harrison. He's by far the bigger threat now.

Yeah I don't think there's any way he misses this game. All the talk has been that he will most likely play.

I don't think he'll play. If you're trying to get healthy, the physical Patriots are not the team to do it against. Long term (the rest of this season), they're better off getting him healthy than having him face Rodney and the boys.

Well he missed thursday practice i just saw, so maybe not. Oh well.

I dunno, Questionman. Is there an asterisk next to the Colts 2006 AGCCG win?

I dunno, Questionman. Is there an asterisk next to the Colts 2006 AGCCG win?

I was just asking since this is one of the most hyped regular season games. I know a win is a win is a win, but it would be nice to go toe to toe with two teams at full strength. It just seems like an out if they don't have their number one wideout.

Excellent post from an asswipe. Did you mom turn off the parental control? Im sure the # sign will stick. Oh, and mix in a spell check every now and then. You won't look so dumb.

Before espousing the use of a spell check kindly reread your post. You won't look as ridiculous.

danny88, how apropos to bring up our dear friend Manning's debacle in a thread regarding the taint-ing of victories. :D

I was just asking since this is one of the most hyped regular season games. I know a win is a win is a win, but it would be nice to go toe to toe with two teams at full strength. It just seems like an out if they don't have their number one wideout.

So your greatest win of the Manning era last January is an "out" also? Cool.

The Pats beat Manning (in his record breaking season) 20-3 in the playoffs missing their two starting CB's.

Look across the line of scrimmage for GREATNESS. Your team and fanbase is fragile.

So your greatest win of the Manning era last January is an "out" also? Cool.

The Pats beat Manning (in his record breaking season) 20-3 in the playoffs missing their two starting CB's.

Look across the line of scrimmage for GREATNESS. Your team and fanbase is fragile.

(I think questionman is a Pats fan.)

(I think questionman is a Pats fan.)

The posting history and this thread point to the probability that your assumption is incorrect.

But that's cool. He's not a smack troll, is very respectful and has brought good arguments to the table in the past.

I will stand by my use of "your" team when addressing him re: the Colts.

Would that taint a win?

What about if it were reversed and Moss was out and the Colts won?
I remember one year we Lost our best WR, Terry Glenn and our Starting QB, (But not our Best QB) and we won the Superbowl. So you have to play with the what you got. At least they got this game in Indy.

Everyone remember: The Colts have had their bye week, 3 weeks ago. We've played 8 straight weeks. They have a built-in injury recovery advantage, on top of home-field advantage.

If their future-HOF receiver is out or playing at 80%, you really can't argue that the Colts didn't have an advantage in the first place.

Everyone remember: The Colts have had their bye week, 3 weeks ago. We've played 8 straight weeks. They have a built-in injury recovery advantage, on top of home-field advantage.

If their future-HOF receiver is out or playing at 80%, you really can't argue that the Colts didn't have an advantage in the first place.

Which means, of course, that, win or lose, they have eight consecutive games to play after this one, while the Pats have two weeks to recuperate before playing their remaining seven.

Hey chowderhead... Have you not noticed that Wayne has been replacing Harrison slowly for about a year now?

So you're saying that because Wayne has supplanted Harrison as the #1 it doesn't matter if Harrison doesn't play opposite him? Are you ******ed?

Did all of our injuries during the AFCCG taint the Colts win? No. Why? because we don't b.itch about that stuff like other fans do. I can see Colts fans using it as an excuse but no, it shouldn't taint it and if it does, who cares? we get to beat them again in January.

Hey chowderhead... Have you not noticed that Wayne has been replacing Harrison slowly for about a year now? Obviously, you haven't been paying close attention. That's OK... When you watch the replays on the news of your team getting beat, you will not see Harrison on the field. Since the Colts are the first real team you have played since they kicked your butt last year - Take notice! Colts by 13! :p

Mods, please don't ban this idiot! I am looking forward to seeing him here on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back