PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Kaczur is cut, the Toronto Argonauts are ready to pounce

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats signed Oliver Ross 6 -4 327 at RT/RG and Gene Mruczkowski 6-2 305 G/C in the offseason. There is the problem with Nick Kaycur's oxycodone problem, too. But as a first offense, he will not be suspended by the league.

That is not the league policy. Nor will he suffer a jail time sentence, for what started out as a Class 7 misdemeanor.

If there is any stinker here it is the dope pusher's legal mouthpiece. He betrayed an attempt to provide anonymity for Kaycur, in return for co-operation and wearing a wire.

But what would you expect from the slimebucket legal beagle, who is representing the dealer, not because the guy needs representation, but because he has money to pay for his legal fee, presumeably from dope dealing.

I suspect he was attempting to threaten and quiet Kaycur by threatening to reveal his part, in the affair, unless heKaycur had a "memory lapse".

I would have much more respect for the legal bum, if he did his work "pro bono"' but lets get serious here. He did it for the money.

The Law cries out for reform to require a crooked defendant to pay his legal fees from money clearly not tainted. But that is too much to ask from our legal brethren. People forget that it is a feloney to receive goods or money from ill-gotten sources, but lawyers somehow always exempt themselves, from the requirement.

They clothe themselves in the saintly cloth about everyone needing representation, even as they take the dough from wealthy crooks, and do not represent broke criminals.

A legal slimeball he was, and a legal slimeball he is.

I also give an Phffgt! award to the clucks in the media at the BG. Ther was no story here, but an attempt by law enforcement to induce co-operation, which they subborned and broadcast the legal beagles blackmail attempt for a Kaycur memory failure.

Kaycur might however, have to spend some time in drug rehab, if he is really hooked on painkillers, as seems probable. There is time between mincamp, June 8 and Camp, July 27, to dry out.

BTW, Yates/Connolly have been shown to be incapable as contributors. Hochstein ended up at RG in the SB, even though he usually preps for LG and C, so I don't hold his unprepared emergency performance against the Giants too much.

Nick was suffering a letdown in that game; was it because he was hurting, addicted, and couldn't score the painkillers. Probably because he was in a strange city for the Superbowl and had no contacts? He said he started taking non-prescribed painkillers November 7th, by his admission. Was he on the Injury Report on or before or about that time?

Meanwhile is Neal hurt badly, and the Team is maintaining a happy face? There is no doubt that Neal makes the running game go.

When he is not playing the running game bogs down. He has more pulling, trapping and movement ability, than most Guards I have seen. Maybe the signing of Ross and Mruckowski are signals that Neal maybe/is injured worse than it is thought. Is it significant that the Pats homepage lists Ross at Guard instead of RT?

I thought we all agreed to hold off the stupid threads until after mini-camp?

Why is it stupid?,Just because your little mind does not agree? - Just STFU please and leave this thread.

Why is it stupid?

It's stupid because it would violate the NFL collective bargaining agreement. You cannot cut a player for a 1st time misdemeanor substance abuse offense. The players union would be all over this.

They could cut him and argue that he was beaten out by Ross and others, but that may be a hard sell also. He was a starter and now he's not even a capable backup?

Remember that the Falcons had a heard time cutting ties with Michael Vick for FELONY dog fighting. They had to win a case with an arbitrator to reclaim his signing bonus.

You cannot just say "see ya later chump" because there is a union and there are rules. The drug policy rules are especially clear. If people got cut for a drug problem, nobody would come forward and admit a drug problem. Granted, in lots of cases there is no "admitting" to be done, when the cops nab you, but there is an established 3-strike system for drug-related offenses.

Clearer now?

Last edited:
I agree 100%. First time drug offenders are very unlikely to be cut; certainly not starters. Andrews is a bit more difficult situation.

It's stupid because it would violate the NFL collective bargaining agreement. You cannot cut a player for a 1st time misdemeanor substance abuse offense. The players union would be all over this.

They could cut him and argue that he was beaten out by Ross and others, but that may be a hard sell also. He was a starter and now he's not even a capable backup?

Remember that the Falcons had a heard time cutting ties with Michael Vick for FELONY dog fighting. They had to win a case with an arbitrator to reclaim his signing bonus.

You cannot just say "see ya later chump" because there is a union and there are rules. The drug policy rules are especially clear. If people got cut for a drug problem, nobody would come forward and admit a drug problem. Granted, in lots of cases there is no "admitting" to be done, when the cops nab you, but there is an established 3-strike system for drug-related offenses.

Clearer now?

Last edited:
The Pats signed Oliver Ross 6 -4 327 at RT/RG and Gene Mruczkowski 6-2 305 G/C in the offseason. There is the problem with Nick Kaycur's oxycodone problem, too. But as a first offense, he will not be suspended by the league.

That is not the league policy. Nor will he suffer a jail time sentence, for what started out as a Class 7 misdemeanor.

If there is any stinker here it is the dope pusher's legal mouthpiece. He betrayed an attempt to provide anonymity for Kaycur, in return for co-operation and wearing a wire.

But what would you expect from the slimebucket legal beagle, who is representing the dealer, not because the guy needs representation, but because he has money to pay for his legal fee, presumeably from dope dealing.

I suspect he was attempting to threaten and quiet Kaycur by threatening to reveal his part, in the affair, unless heKaycur had a "memory lapse".

I would have much more respect for the legal bum, if he did his work "pro bono"' but lets get serious here. He did it for the money.

The Law cries out for reform to require a crooked defendant to pay his legal fees from money clearly not tainted. But that is too much to ask from our legal brethren. People forget that it is a feloney to receive goods or money from ill-gotten sources, but lawyers somehow always exempt themselves, from the requirement.

They clothe themselves in the saintly cloth about everyone needing representation, even as they take the dough from wealthy crooks, and do not represent broke criminals.

A legal slimeball he was, and a legal slimeball he is.

I also give an Phffgt! award to the clucks in the media at the BG. Ther was no story here, but an attempt by law enforcement to induce co-operation, which they subborned and broadcast the legal beagles blackmail attempt for a Kaycur memory failure.

Kaycur might however, have to spend some time in drug rehab, if he is really hooked on painkillers, as seems probable. There is time between mincamp, June 8 and Camp, July 27, to dry out.

BTW, Yates/Connolly have been shown to be incapable as contributors. Hochstein ended up at RG in the SB, even though he usually preps for LG and C, so I don't hold his unprepared emergency performance against the Giants too much.

Nick was suffering a letdown in that game; was it because he was hurting, addicted, and couldn't score the painkillers. Probably because he was in a strange city for the Superbowl and had no contacts? He said he started taking non-prescribed painkillers November 7th, by his admission. Was he on the Injury Report on or before or about that time?

Meanwhile is Neal hurt badly, and the Team is maintaining a happy face? There is no doubt that Neal makes the running game go.

When he is not playing the running game bogs down. He has more pulling, trapping and movement ability, than most Guards I have seen. Maybe the signing of Ross and Mruckowski are signals that Neal maybe/is injured worse than it is thought. Is it significant that the Pats homepage lists Ross at Guard instead of RT?

What are you writing bro? Are you just making a post or are you attempting to write some sort of article here?

BTW, the legal system is not crying out for reform because criminals pay for their lawyers with "illegal" money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back